Tuesday, October 24, 2006

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 24

To forgive is not to forget,

To forgive is really to remember.

That nobody is perfect.

That each of us stumbles.

When we want so much to stay upright.

That each of us says things

we wish we had never said.

That we can all forget that love

is more important than being right.

To forgive is really to remember

that we are so much more than our mistakes.

That we are often more kind and caring

and that accepting another's flaws

can help us accept our own.

To forgive is to remember,

that the odds are pretty good

that we might soon need

to be forgiven ourselves.

That life sometimes gives us

more than we can handle gracefully.

To forgive is to remember,

that we have room in our hearts

to begin again and again, and again.

Author Unknown

Good Morning !

SNOW SNOW SNOW

That’s all I heard about on the news yesterday and although we only got a few flakes Monday, More is on the way for us today. There is nothing on the ground yet.  It’s not supposed to do this til Christmas comes around.

BrrrChill !!!

If any of you read my daily newsletter you will know that I’m a trivia fan. In today’s trivia I found out that it’s National Forgiveness Day !

Today I’m thankful for those that have forgiven me and I ‘m praying for those that are unable to forgive someone else. It is an awful burden to carry. 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

My friend, I hope your day is good

and it is a well-known fact that

we each need at least 7...

Yes, that is seven hugs a day

for good health!!

Have you gotten all of yours today ?

If not, here's one to start you off

(((((HUGS))))

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

thankful for forgivness also and tha tI CAN forgive. OH send snow my way. we actually had a few flurries yesterday whilst I was driving

Anonymous said...

I love that poem about forgiveness.  So true.

Anonymous said...

Oh! This is lovely and so true too.I must admit I have been so hurt in my life by some people, I do find it hard to forgive at times.Hugs a thousand fold to everyone I say.Snow!!!  good grief,the sun has got his hat on here LOL, at the coast where I live in England,not a bit like October.I have just had a lovely walk on the seafront.Take care have a lovely day.Loved the entry.God Bless You.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

We had frost on everything when I got up today.... brrrr The sun is shinning now though and it should be a nice day to work in the yard.... for an hour or two it should be nice enough. takes a long time for that frost to go away now.... Snow was in the forcast but we didn't get any yet. Not supposed to happen yet. We are still waiting for Indian summer. :)  Sandra

Anonymous said...

It so amazes me.... you have potential snow.... I have 84 degrees... roses are blooming, the lemon tree is blooming....
Have a toasty day!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I love that poem on forgiveness.  
Send some cool weather here.  Been HOT here.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Forgiveness day? What a great idea. I wish it was a once a week day. Think how much less anger there would be in the world. I like it. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

Forgiveness...What a wonderful gift from another.

Anonymous said...

SNOW?????????????? Oh my....
What a nice day to celebrate.  National forgiveness day.  Hmmm.  I'll give that one a thought.  I've a few people that have wronged me this year.  I will definitely have a conversation with God on that one.  That is hard.  I'm not sure how to forgive the person that caused the school demise.  Or if I even need to forgive him.  I never have to deal with him.  And if I did I wouldn't like it.  I will never agree with what he did.  So not sure how something like that is forgiven.  It gives me a headache to decide tonight though.  LOL.  I normally don't have a forgiveness problem.  But I did leave it up to God.  So maybe that is a start.  I've washed my hands of the matter, so to speak.  He has to answer for what was done.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

well happy forgievness day. Snow, way to early for snow. Yuck. LOL. I hope you don't get any. Have a great day.