Friday, October 27, 2006

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 27

A Different Type of Prayer

There's always two sides....

"Heavenly Father, Help us remember that the jerk who cut us off in traffic last night is a single mother who worked nine hours that day and was rushing home to cook dinner, help with homework, do the laundry and spend a few precious moments with her children.

Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed, disinterested young man who can't make change correctly is a worried 19-year-old college student, balancing his apprehension over final exams with his fear of not getting his student loans for next semester.

Remind us, Lord, that the scary looking bum, begging for money in the same spot every day is a slave to addictions that we can only imagine in our worst nightmares.

Help us to remember that the old couple walking annoyingly slow through the store aisles and blocking our shopping progress are savoring this moment, knowing that, based on the biopsy report she got back last week, this will be the last year that they go shopping together.

Heavenly Father, remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give us, the greatest gift is love. It is not enough to share that love with those we hold dear.

Open our hearts not just to those who are close to us, but to all humanity. Let us be slow to judgment and quick to forgiveness and patience and empathy and love.

AMEN!

Good Morning !

There are really two sides to every coin and none of us really knows what the other side of a person is like. The side I try to show here in my journal is one of optimism and faith. In my side bar there is a little sign that reads - God, family and home. Truly that is what is important in my life.

The side of me that you don’t see, would be hard to find. A dear friend years ago said to me – Pam, you wear your heart on your sleeve. I guess I always have . I’ve never been able to keep many secrets about myself and I always seem to say way too much. I guess the good Lord made me the way I am, so I’ll just be thankful for it.

Today, I praying for all those that have a hard time sharing themselves with others. Being alone most of the time, I do know how important it is not to be too ‘one’ sided.

And THANKFULLY it is Friday ! My favorite day of the week ! I’m soooo looking forward to the weekend !

Don’t forget to ‘flip’ your coin today !

Thought For Today .

Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson.

You find the present tense,

and the past perfect

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahthat last one about the elderly couple is a tear jerker!!!!!!!! what a sad thought

Anonymous said...

Yes, we should always make allowances for others because we never know what goes on in their lives.  Great posting, thank you.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend!
Say HI to Dad....
and keep toasty...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

A Different Type of Prayer -- I really do like this one and it has given me something to think about today. Have youself a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love what you said here. I'm very much like you and it's hard to be around some people who are so closed off. I'd rather be open. : )

Angela