Tuesday, October 17, 2006

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 17

The days come and go

like muffled and veiled figures

sent from a distant friendly party,

but they say nothing,

and if we do not use the gifts they bring,

they carry them as silently away.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

GOOD MORNING!

Somethings just never change and are constants in our lives. Not all constants are good. For instance Monday’s are always trash days in our neighborhood. Monday evening seems to be filled with gathering it all up and toting it out to the curb for pick up tomorrow. Just never fails – it’s always there.

Other constants are good. Every 3rd Tuesday my dulcimer buddies and I get together for a couple hours of music fun and laughter. We laugh at ourselves mostly. I’m looking forward to tonight – I do need a good laugh.

Today I’m thankful for each new morning with its light, and pray that we all can find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!

Thought for Today

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.

Nelson Mandela

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

graphics by: www.countrypatchcollections.com

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah yes the noise of my dogs during garbage time. love to hate that noise early in the am lol we got wind I mean BIG WIND today

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a good day and that you enjoy the dulcimer buds with all the laughter today.  Blessings to ya!  I'm enjoying my lunch and considered that a blessing too.  A little time to see what my journal buddies are up to along with a cup of Cambell's select.  LOL.

Sonya

Anonymous said...

Our trash goes out on Monday night too.... Hope you had good laughs with your buddies!
Happy Hump Day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

well I thought alerts may not be working when I did not get an entry alert from you. I m so use to your morning wake up call. I missed you. I guess you had not gotten around to it yet. I pray all is well.