Saturday, October 21, 2006

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 21

Reaching for Happiness

Know that. . . . You can't be all things to all people.

You can't do all things at once.

You can't do all things equally well.

You can't do all things better than everyone else.

You are human like everyone else.

So. . . . Find out who you are,

and be that.

 Decide what comes first, and do that.

 Discover your strengths,

and use them.

 Learn not to compete with others,

because no one else is in the contest of being you.

Then you'll have. . . .

Learned to accept your uniqueness.

Learned to set priorities and make decisions.

Learned to live with your limitations.

Learned to give yourself the respect that is due.

And you'll be a most vital mortal.

Dare To Believe. . . .

You're are a wonderful,

unique person.

You're a once-in-all-history event.

That it's more than a right to be who you are.

That life is not a problem to solve,

but a gift to cherish.

And you'll be able to stay one up on anything

that tries to get you down.

Unattributed

GOOD MORNING ! opps !!! I mean evening. 

I got to bed early last night as I was yawning so much I could hardly keep my mouth shut…I usually read a while before shutting the lights out, but I couldn’t even do that.

When I woke up the morning I got my good cup of hot coffee and sat down to enjoy my computer time.  Well, surprise, no internet service.  Comcast had a major outage in our area.  An now at almost 11:00 pm I'm on the internet once again.  And I couldn't get my AOL to load up so I had to us Internet Explorer to get into my jounal page...

Today I’m very thankful for a good night’s sleep and am praying for all those who spent a sleepless night worrying or stressed out about something.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

My old self whispers from behind me; “There is danger ahead!” My young self cries; “On, On!

Old Chinese proverb

Sweet dreams all - hopefully I'll see you in the morning,

Love you all,

ma

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I bet you got alot done with no internet. But may need to restart your pc to the day before. It would drive me nuts not nowing about my friends all day. But I m glad yoru back online. I do hope you can figure aol out. maybe try setting your pc back. But get a good nigths rest.

Anonymous said...

Love this entry - and YOU too! I love the little cup on your sidebar too, because if there is one thing I truly enjoy in the morning it is my ONE cup of coffee. I used to drink gallons of it (lol). well, perhaps not gallons, but at least 4-5 pots a day. Down to one though, and loving it. Take care.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Sunday. Glad you got some rest. I actually did too by napping this afternoon. I don't usually nap but I was watching TV and fell asleep. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

Hi there.  And Good Sunday Morning to you.  I hope that you get your AOL back.  I am learning that I'm not much on changing circumstances with my software.  I get used to it and I want it to stay until I'm ready for something different.  LOL.  Hope you have a wonderful Sunday and get some internet time in as I know you enjoy it too.
Sonya