Friday, October 6, 2006

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 6

October gave a party;

The leaves by hundreds came -

The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,

And leaves of every name.

The Sunshine spread a carpet,

And everything was grand,

Miss Weather led the dancing,

Professor Wind the band.

George Cooper, "October's Party"

Good Morning !

Here we are at last – the end of another work week ! It is jacket weather for sure. The sun may make an appearance today, but it will be a cool one.

Today I’m thankful for my warm house and I praying for those that do not have shelter to keep them warm.

Thought for today

A careless word may kindle strife.

A cruel word may wreck a life.

A timely word may level stress.

A loving word may heal and bless.

Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart!

MA

 

graphics by:

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah yes the cold is here adn I am thankful

Anonymous said...

Its cooling off. I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we pulled out the light jackets this week due to rain and cool temps in the morning..
Have a great weekend!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Oh today was awesome....highs in the 70's but the front came thru and cooling us down.  It'll be in the 40's tonight.  
I love that October party poem.  How clever.
Have a wonderful weekend.  And thanks for all your comments and cheerfullness.  I appreciate each one.  Your comments runs circles around mine...b/c you are so faithful in your journal reading.  I've set everything up in Google Reader now instead of Bloglines.  It's sorting like I want it and highlighting like I want it.  You are in my "daily" reads section although, I don't get to read daily...but when I do..the dailies come first, as opposed to the "weeklies" and the "whenevers".  LOL.