Thursday, October 26, 2006

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 26

When the storms of life

 Gather darkly ahead,

I think of these wonderful words

I once read.

And I say to myself

As threatening clouds hover,

Don't fold up your wings

And run for cover.

But like the eagle,

Spread wide your wings

And soar far above

The troubles life brings.

For the eagle knows

That the higher he flies,

The more tranquil and brighter

Become the skies.

And there is nothing in life

God ever asks us to bear

That we can't soar above

On the wings of prayer.

And in looking back over

The storm you passed through,

You'll find you gained strength

And new courage, too.

For in facing life's storms

With an eagle's wings,

You can fly far above

Earth's small, petty things.

By: Helen Steiner Rice

Good Morning !

I’ll start by telling you today that I’m thankful for a nice efficient and courteous furnace repairman that came to my house yesterday after work. We all have those days when little surprises happen.

Yesterday was the day my furnace decided to quit working. Surprise ! I was amazed at how fast the repairman came and also that he just happened to have the needed part in his truck. Thank the good Lord for his many blessings.

Let’s see now…I got a new washer, my car has been serviced , and now so has the furnace…that’s 3 things for sure. My grandma always used to say that bad things come in 3’s. I’ll be praying that that is it for a long while. I think my savings is just about depleted and there will need to be some ‘time out’ here in order to replenish it.

When I think about the Storms of Life, this is a very trivial thing. Lots worse could happen so I’ll just be very thankful it was only the furnace having trouble.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

If we could sell our experiences for what they cost us, we would all be millionaires.

Abigail Van Buren

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont know why yes things seem to happen in threes. Im so glad the service man was fast and had teh right part with him. Our highschool is in the news.......... they have NO heat at alL!!!!!!!!!! they re replacing the whole boiler system

Anonymous said...

Temps going back to the 80's this weekend.... I'll send them your way so you'll be toasty... so glad the furnace is fixed....
Have a great day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I'm just ready to USE my furnace!!  It's sunny and 80's here!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I just had to buy a new furnace.....about a month ago. It finally gave way. Well, it was there from 1954. That's when they tell me my house was built. I'm here 32 years. I figured it was going. Last year, it went out so many times, even once during a blizzard. I feel kind of relieved. I'm hoping the new one holds up well.

Wishing God gives you some prosperity along with good health, of course.
Angela

Anonymous said...

What a nice entry. Love the poem and it`s nice to be reminded that we can indeed find so many blessings in our daily lives. :)
Hugs...
Penny

Anonymous said...

Reckon your luck will turn around now - I've always believed everything comes in threes. Hope your day is filled with sunshine and laughter. Take care.
Love Sylvia xxx