Saturday, August 9, 2008

God has given us

these times of Joy

Psalm 81:4

Did you know...

that when you walk past a flower,

whether it be in somebody's garden

or on a vacant hillside,

the flower will always smile at you.

The most polite way to respond,

I've been told,

is to cheerfully return the smile.

Ron Atchison

A TIME TO ENJOY

GOOD MORNING !

I am up later than usual for a Saturday morning. I have to take the car in for servicing at 9 this morning then after that come home and load everything up for my trip to DS#6’s.

The good cup of coffee is in my hand and I have a cinnamon roll at my right for breakfast too.

I really dislike the long drive but there is little I can do about that so I’ll be on the road for about 4 hours total today. 2 there and 2 back again . The drive to the camper is just a little over 1 hour and that seems like a long time to me most weekends. It is turnpike driving too and that is something I never have liked. Fast speeds and monotonous views. If I went by the back roads it would take me even longer, so I won’t even try that.

It will be great getting together with my family though. Not all of them will be there, but several will. One of these days I’ll have to say no, I can no longer do the trip, but for today I can and I will. I do try to make it to all their celebrations, any chance to celebrate is worth it.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The comfortable and comforting people

are those who look upon the bright side of life;

gathering its roses and sunshine

and making the most that happens seem the best.

Dorothy Dix

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of Summertime

MA

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flowers always make me smile, always have done and always will.  Enjoy your weekend.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

It is raining cats and dogs here! I had a lot planned for today. lol My coffee just finished. lol I got to sleep in a little later this morning since hubby went to Promise Keepers.  Of course I went to bed at 2 a.m. ; not lazy. lol 4 hours is how long it takes to get to my mother-in-law's. She passed away almost 4 years ago but her home looks just like she still lived there. The 4 siblings have not sold it yet. Glad that you can still make the trip. Have lots of fun. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Be safe and have fun today.

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time!
Enjoy!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

First...missed you!!  Always love your entries.
And your breakfast...well, now I will crave those rolls all night...LOL
Hope you got the car worked on...
and all went well.
The drive you have to the camper is not too bad...1 hour for a peaceful weekend is awesome.  Have a very special Sunday...hugs and love ...
Joyce