Tuesday, August 19, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 8, PAGE 19

This time,

like all times,

is a very good one,

if we but know what to do with it

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A bird is singing, the sky is blue, the temperature is perfect, and the trees are covered in green. Is there a lesson to be learned from that? Well, it's just life. Right now I happen to be enjoying the moment

Nature cannot be beautiful unless you appreciate it. Beauty in any form requires appreciation in order to be beautiful, and appreciation is a quality found within you. Enjoying the moment is absorbing.

Enjoyment is accomplished by relaxing into the moment. You can't fast forward nature. You can't stop or freeze frame moments you enjoy Life is short! You can either enjoy or regret. Select enjoy, and you will experience great joy in this moment.

GOOD MORNING !

Monday is over and done so now the rest of the week should just speed by and my next long weekend will be here before I know it. Monday’s are by far the hardest day of my work week. I have the payroll to do which does require my brain to function and it’s often a slow start as it thinks we are still in the vacation mode.

My other menial tasks around the office require far less mental endeavors. Data entry is important for all the reports I do and entering accounts payables is important so the bill get paid on time, but they are easy tasks.

Opening and sorting mail or taking messages is also simple to do. Life in a one gal office tends to be monotonous some times, but I like the quiet and except for the days there is nothing to do, I enjoy my job.

I was able to get out and sit awhile on the patio after I got some laundry done last night but it was getting dark about 8:30 so I came in and got an early start upstairs. I like to read for awhile before going to sleep so that meant I got to read a few extra pages. That was nice.

I have to go to bed early in order to get up early but it has become a way of life but when the weekend comes I do stay up later and sleep in longer. Anyway I do it, my body needs those 8 hours and it adjusts according.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Life itself cannot give you joy

unless you really will it.

Life just gives you time and space

it's up to you to fill it.

an old Chinese proverb

Take a moment to be in the moment. The next moment is waiting for you to enjoy. Only when you enjoy this moment will you know why it is called the PRESENT. Enjoy your PRESENT, it contains JOY

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of Summertime

MA

 

graphics by:

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning!  Well, here I am having to get ready for work.  I feel like our office is the only one in Central Florida having business as usual.  Every government office, schools, courts, etc. are closed for Hurricane Fay.  But not the law firm, oh, no.  I should be used to it!!  Oh, well, I'm grateful for a job!  :)  Have a wonderful day!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Glad that you like your job.  We have not been able to sit outside all summer.  It has either been too hot, pouring with rain or like today dreadfully windy.  We have had no summer.

Anonymous said...

Glad your payroll is over for the week and you can relax more the rest of the week.  I need 8 hours too.  I seem to get more like 6- 6.5 though.  Have to catch up on the weekends.  I LOVE sorting the mail but our receptionist does that here.  Maybe I should work for the Post office.  lol

Anonymous said...

I, too, love nature's beauties.  But I love my trees
dressed in leaves, not naked.  I love my mountains
green, not gray.  Guess that means I am a spring,
summer fall person.  Already dreading winters chill.
A waterfall,  a brook, a meadow, and especially
flowers bring me joy.  And family. And friends.

Anonymous said...

It does sound like you are so busy at work...but busy makes the time go by fast too.   Relaxful evening on the patio is one of my favorite things to do...
I hope each day of the week is a good one...and peaceful evenings...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I would think working in a 1-girl office would be nice; you wouldn't have the company of others around you, but then you wouldn't have the "drama" of working around othes that seems to be so prevalent when you get 2 or more people together; I enjoy working at home for the solitude of that, but it does get a little lonely at times

it is getting darker earlier isn't it? nice though because it does make thinking of going to bed earlier a possibility

enjoy the day

betty

Anonymous said...

Hi glad you have Monday out of the way it can be one of those days. I love to read before I go to sleep it is so relaxing I have to have a few pages regardless of the time or I can't sleep. What do you read. Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/en

Anonymous said...

It does feel good to have Monday behind us and Tuesday is almost half over. Have a great rest of the day.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hi there Pam.Yes I am back once again and enjoyed the Moment I was here in your journal so so much.Missed your wonderful entries whilst being away.It's good you enjoy your work but we do get tired more as we get older.The dark nights are creeping in slowly .Early nights are not for me though I am the worst sleeper there is. LOL!!It's a bonus if I sleep 5hrs never mind 8 that would be great.Have a lovely Tuesday evening on your patio .Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://jounrals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Glad you have had a good day...only 4 more till the weekend !!  I am so pleased taht I am visisting your journal there is always something good to read.  Love  sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have a really good job..
Hope you have a good week,

Anonymous said...

I'm going to write the one about time and space on my board
Thanks
Marti

Anonymous said...

I LOVE what you wrote about appreciating nature's beauty. It's way too easy to rush through our activities and not take the time to look around us, to listen, and to feel the joy of experiencing a beautiful day.

Well put!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the "nature thoughts". I've worked with others and also as a private legal secretary and both had advantages and disadvantages. Maybe I was just lucky. Enjoy your eve:)............alice

Anonymous said...

What a delightful entry.....and the thought for today was just perfect, I needed to hear that today!! Thank you for your very imspiring words.

It sounds like your job is really great.....how lucky you are!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I am not working and Monday still seems to be a hard day?? lol Bet it was nice what little time you got to sit outside. Have a great week. Janie

Anonymous said...

Hi Ma, Sorry I am late getting here, but have got so involved in reading all the blogs that Jeannette recommended as Guest Editor - congratulation for being chosen and thank you for visiting my blog
http://journals.aol.co.uk/frdbrow7/now-im-retired.......--d/

It was interesting to read what is involved in your job - it wasn't until I retired that I realised how much I did as a receptionist for a Building Contractor.  To help the person who was taking over from me, I had to list everything I did - it was endless lol!  I know what you mean about having to go to bed early in order to get up early - I am SO-OO glad I don't have to do that anymore. :-D
all the best
Freda