Wednesday, August 27, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 8, PAGE 27

God has given us

these times of Joy

Psalm 81:4

Our Sunshine Boy with his back pack

ready for the first day of Kindergarten

August rushes by like desert rainfall,

A flood of frenzied upheaval,

Expected, but still catching me unprepared.

Like a match flame bursting on the scene,

heat and haze of crimson sunsets.

Like a dream

Of moon and dark barely recalled,

A moment, Shadows caught in a blink.

Like a quick kiss;

One wishes for more

But it suddenly turns to leave,

Dragging summer away.

Elizabeth Maua Taylor, August

A TIME TO ENJOY

His younger brother, Our Little Ray,

says his big brother is #1

GOOD MORNING !

There are now only 9 weekends left til the end of the camping season. I know I will be having severe withdrawal pains when it all ends. But for now I’m set on enjoying each and everyone of them to the fullest.

The thought has occurred to me that there may be less than 9 camping seasons left for me to enjoy. Time marches on and I wonder how long I will be able to do it. None of us knows any more about the future than that what we know right now. Summer fades, autumn follows, seasons continue on.

That much we know.

Today is OVER THE HUMP DAY and most of my weekly work is done. My boss will be out this afternoon so that means I’ll be working an hour later than usual. I get paid overtime so it’s an ok thing. It is just such a long day especially when there is no one in.

I suppose I’ll have to do some office cleaning. More and more leaves are changing color and quite a few are falling. That may be due to the fact that we haven’t had much rain. Those leaves whirl around in circles in our parking lot at work and right up to the entry door. Every time someone opens it, in come the leaves. It’ll be a constant battle now til about December to keep those leave swept out.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures of our Sunshine Boy off to his first day of Kindergarten. I’m hoping that the rest of my babes will be sending some BACK TO SCHOOL pictures and when they do I’ll put them in this journal. All of my grand children are now in school (this includes PreSchool) except for one. He is just 2 so he has a ways to go yet.

My 1st cup of good coffee (which seems extra good this morning) is about done now so …

 I owe, I owe

It’s off to work I go…

Getting on the school bus

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Go outside, to the fields,

enjoy nature and the sunshine,

 go out and try to recapture

happiness in yourself and in God.

Think of all the beauty that’s still left

in and around you and be happy!

Anne Frank

There he goes

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of Summertime

MA

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of the grand kids; so cute. Well, I'm not the biggest fan of Old Man Winter but that hurricane approaching the Gulf of Mexico can change my attitude on that for awhile. I think you will have lots and lots of happy camping days ahead:).............alice

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of the grand kids; so cute. Well, I'm not the biggest fan of Old Man Winter but that hurricane approaching the Gulf of Mexico can change my attitude on that for awhile. I think you will have lots and lots of happy camping days ahead:).............alice

Anonymous said...

Aww, great pictures. I hope it wasn't too traumatic for him...probably more traumatic for Mom and Grandma!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I was just saying to Mary today when we were driving to our nearby town that the autumn was comming soon as the leaves were turning colour on some of the trees especially the horse chestnut...soon the kids will be picking the chestnuts and the autumn game of conkers will be played everywhere !!  Love  Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures of your Grandson. Have a great day.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hope your grandson has an awesome day. Signs of fall are here too and I'm loving it. Nothing like color to lift one's spirits. Thanks for the lovely entries. Always look forward to stopping by.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Oh those pics of him getting on the school bus are just priceless.  
Someday everyone will look back at those and go "oh wow how precious".
I guess their household is busy.  
Love hearing about the weather up your way b/c I know that it'll get cooler there first.  Hearing from you lets me know it's truly heading our way (fall).  
Have a good rest of the week.  I ALWAYS think of you on Wednesday, our "over the hump day".  I celebrate the over the hump part at LongHorn.  It crosses over while I'm there to the latter part of the week.  lol
TAke care.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

He looks so eager to go.The pictures are pricless bless him.I hope he enjoyed every minute of his first day at school and continues to do so.How Mom will have missed him today.I rememeber the feeling well.Tears flowed for me.Yes fall is approaching whata job those fallen leaves can be too.I have swept many a thousand in my lifetime I am sure of it.Still our seasons continue and I like it not too hot.Have a wonderful evening Take Care God Bless Thankyou for sharing the pics. Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

he is so cute!!!! Love his outfit..

Anonymous said...

How lovely to see your little Grandson ,taking the big step ,not only on to the school bus ,but into life ,God bless him always ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Your Sunshine Boy is a dandy!  He looks as if he was ready!  That's Great!  I think mine cried everyday until he got to the ....the 11th.  LOL  Now is the time I'd want to start camping.  I'd like to camp when it starts getting cooler.  The campfire would feel so good.  Enjoy!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures of your little one getting on the bus :o)

Anonymous said...

Cute photos of the kids. Yes, won't be long until the season is cool.. too cool. lol Hope you have a good week. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

beautiful grandkids you have! I hope he has a wonderful school year!! how exciting to just be starting out as a kindergartener!!!

its amazing people's leaves are changing colors so early!!! I read in another journal their leaves are also changing (back east somewhere); wonder if that means it will be a rough, hard winter

betty

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww.... Kindergarten.....
Happy Back to School!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

YAY for first days of school!