Monday, August 25, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 8, PAGE 25

God has given us

these times of Joy

Psalm 81:4

The sorrow you endure, makes the joy so much brighter. The relaxation you enjoy, gives you energy to work more effectively. The time apart from a loved one, makes the time together special. Death makes life precious. The heat of summer makes autumn refreshing. Having to do without something, gives you an appreciation for it. Illness makes good health worth pursuing. Hunger stimulates nourishment.

The things we see as "bad", often make the good things good. How would we know pleasure without pain? With no discomfort, how could we be comfortable? If there were no darkness, what would be the meaning of light? Without ignorance, what would be the value of knowledge. In every direction, in all situations, life has meaning. Always, there is the opportunity for fulfillment.

Rather than cursing the darkness, appreciate the light that it makes possible.

Ralph Marston

Good Morning,

The words above are so very true. I’m hoping that my R & R over the weekend does give me more energy to do my work today. It’s always difficult for me to adjust after my weekends away so we’ll trust that all that rest is effective for sure.

Signs that fall is coming are increasing daily. The squirrels at the campground over the weekend were busy making their nests up in the tree tops. Many trees have leaves tinged in brown or gold and there were lots of leaves fluttering to the ground too.

Where the famer’s corn fields were mostly green and laden with corn, you now see where the stalks are drying out. When you look outside you still see mostly green, but scattered here and there are all the reminders that summer is fast fading.

When I’m driving to and from work each day it is like going to a movie some times as the scenery is constantly changing. Where there were apple blossoms on the trees you now see ripe red apples ready to pick. Where there were baby geese crossing the roads you now see the young in flight overhead with their parents.

Soon I’ll be going to work in the dark and I’ll hate it that I won’t have the view I’ve had. But coming home should still provide good sight for for quite a while yet. Only in the very short days of winter is dark coming home.

I'll be counting my blessings and enjoying the day for sure !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

A fallen leaf is nothing more

than a summers wave good bye

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of Summertime

MA

 

 

graphics by:

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank yo for the thought as I head out on this rainy morning
Marti

Anonymous said...

Yes, the signs of fall are coming our way...hope your week is a special one...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I like the "thoutht of the day". Around my place, I get lots and lots of waves good bye to summer. Have a great day :)........alice

Anonymous said...

I love the colors of autumn.  I do feel a tinge of sadness
as I know this signals the end of summer.   I love my
mountains in every season except winter.  I dread it
already even though it has its own beauty.  (The cold
weather adds pain to arthritic joints.)  Might have to
winter in Florida eventually.  Enjoy your work week.

Anonymous said...

I've noticed a few things changing around here.  Some leaves are turning at the tops of the trees.  Some may be due to the dryness.  Some leaves have fallen already due to dryness but only a few.  I've noticed that the tomatoes are less responsive too.  Not as many growing and a lot less blooms on things.  We are looking forward to that sunroom with the fall foliage.  And then we are putting a Christmas tree in the sunroom too.  Won't that be fun for Christmas? Lots to look forward too as the seasons pass.  Have a good week.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

I liked the words of Ralph Marston; almost touched with what the pastor said at church yesterday; the Lord's purpose is to make us like Jesus; sometimes (a lot of times) that means enduring suffering, trials and pain, but the end product, getting closer to him and being more ilke him is worth it :)

fall was in the air last week here in Southern California, but then summer thought it would want one more blast so it turned hot again

enjoy the week!!

betty

Anonymous said...

I agree...unless we've experienced the not-so-good things, how can we fully appreciate the wonderful?

Our walnut tree is already getting yellow leaves. Hard to believe how quickly the summer has gone by!

Enjoy your day!
Beth

Anonymous said...

What wonderul words of wisdom you have written today...in fact every day it is such a pleasure for me when your alert comes in.  Thank You for brightening up my days.   Love  Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

The air had a chill in it this morning. At 10 this morning it was beautiful, not too hot and not too cold. I felt like just sitting outside, but had to go shopping. We have sitting and waiting to be cut.:-(  We have had so much rain the guy has not been able to get in the fields. Hope it gets cut soon before it goes to ruin. Hope your days go well and fast at work. Janie

Anonymous said...

I feel the nip in the air after a certain time now in the evening and moreso in the mornings.I can also see change in the garden too.Lots of encourageing words you write today,Thankyou you realy make me feel much better when I have been here.It's the dark nights I do not look forward to them at all.I hope you have had a good day and it wasn't too hard getting back into the swing of things at work..Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts for today have really hit the spot today... I found out today that a very dear friend of mine's leukemia has returned.  She has fought this battle for some time now.  She went into remission for a while, but now it has returned with a vengenace.  Hospice has been called in, & they are only giving her about 5 days to live.  She has a wonderful husband (Anthony) & together they have 2 daughters. One about 12 & the other about 15.  Please keep this family in your prayers.  Her name is Renea Campbell.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this entry.  I hope you have a good week.
Pam

Anonymous said...

loved this entry. The world does run on opposites: good days as compared to bad, sunrise- sunsets, a birth, a death, etc. I've never visited your journal without growing a little. Thank you..and God bless.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK