Friday, August 1, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 8, PAGE 1

God has given us these times of Joy

Psalm 81:4

The Angel of August is the angel of perseverance.

The new directions we began in the spring may have become difficult to sustain. Like a garden that needs constant watering and weeding in the scorching August sun, our projects and dreams require stamina and determination to bring them to fruition.

The angel of August helps us with unflagging energy to tend the garden we have planted. When the hot summer sun and the work of our lives demand too much of us, the August angel brings us the fortitude to cleave to our tasks through completion

GOOD MORNING !

August is the height of the summer time in the temperate zone of the Northern Hemisphere. The longest days of the year have passed, but the hot days remain. The birds are already planning to fly south for the winter. The insects are more noisier and numerous than in any other month.

August comes, and the fields are nearly ripe and ready for the farmers to harvest. There are signs on every hand that summer is on the wane, and that the time is fast approaching when she will take her departure.

We catch faint glances of autumn peeping through openings where the leaves have already fallen, and among berries where summer hung out her blossoms. Now the fruit is ripe on the great orchard-trees, the plums are ready to drop through very mellowness, and there is a rich redness on the sunny-side of the pears, and on many of the apples.

With all that said, I thought I’d let you know what my theme for August will be.

A TIME TO ENJOY

I’m going to try to ENJOY what is left of summer and I hope you all do too.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Joy is the characteristic by which

God uses us to re-make the distressing

into the desired,

the discarded into the creative.

Joy is prayer-

-Joy is strength-

-Joy is love-

-Joy is a net of love

by which you can catch souls.

Mother Teresa

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of Summertime

MA

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the leaves on my Rowan tree are already turning, the berries are red and it is getting dark earlier.  We must make the most of the remainder of summer.  Have a great weekend.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Yes, August is a hot and yet beautiful month...I was born in this month...and I can say I do love it.   For many reason.   Hope your weekend is the best...I know you will be at your lovely camper...you have a good time...stay cool!!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Here in the midwest, it's hot and also dry too, for us. As far as I am concerned, we have July, August, and winter :-)

Anonymous said...

It could very well be warm here for the rest of the year. I've had many 80° birthdays in November!
I hope you enjoy your weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I love the theme for August as that is my goal this month, to enjoy work and not let it irritate me so......
I know you are off having a great time at the campsite....
Enjoy!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am really behind on your journal! lol We have Blue Martins that eat their weight in mosquitoes. They will be leaving soon since the babies have learned to fly. Hardly have any mosquitoes. The same ones come back every year. They are fun to watch. Enjoyment is neccessary in life, isn't it? Have a wonderful week. Janie