Tuesday, August 12, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 8, PAGE 12

God has given us

these times of Joy

Psalm 81:4

We act as though comfort and luxury

were the chief requirements of life,

when all that we need to make

us really happy is something

to be enthusiastic about.

Charles Kingsley

A TIME TO ENJOY

GOOD MORNING !

I must say that this summer I’ve been more enthusiastic than I have been in years. So when I read the quote above it fit me to a tee. I know that I feel better and do more when I’ve got something to be excited about.

The camper of course is what keeps me enthusiastic. Little perks in our lives make a difference. It doesn’t have to be a camper, but something to enjoy ! For many people camping wouldn’t be a good choice, but it is for me because it is something I like to do.

I think that is probably why work places have coffee breaks. I know I like my break especially on a boring data entry day. When you’ve been sitting at the computer for long hours, you really need a break. When no one is in the office but me I get up and jog down the hall way a few times and do some stretching and it helps. I’d rather be hiking in the woods, but this suffices at the time.

I enjoy doing my daily newsletter and my daily entry in this journal too. It is something I like to do and look forward to each day. We all really do need something to be enthusiastic about. I start each day on a HAPPY note with what I like to do and it does make a difference.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Happiness doesn't come from doing

what we like to do but liking what we do.

Wilferd A. Peterson

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of Summertime

MA

 

 

graphics by:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so very true.  Great way to start my day.  Thank you!  Linda

Anonymous said...

And I love your daily postings as well, you always cheer me up especially when I am having one of my bad days.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Good morning!  Isn't it good to be alive?
Your positive outlook is better than a
therapist and a good way to start the day.
I think you are doing your readers a very
important service. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I am feeling so much better staying busy while it is warm getting the garage cleaned out. Won't be long until the snow will be flying. I can stay inside and clean clutter in the house. We have finally slowed down on garage sales and auctions... thank goodness! You have seen what is in just my garage! Glad you like to go camping; we never have. It does look like fun now that we have more time. Hiking does sound good right now. lol Hope you have a blessed week. Janie

Anonymous said...

I hope all the love you send out comes back to you
Marti