Thursday, August 28, 2008

BOOK 08,CHAPTER 8,PAGE 28

God has given us

these times of Joy

Psalm 81:4

Just when summer gets perfect—

fresh nights, soft sun, casual breezes,

crushingly full and quietly cooling trees,

empty beaches, and free weekends—it ends.

Life is like that too.

Just when we get it right, it starts to change.

The job gets easy and we know just how to do it,

and they tell us we’re retired.

The children grow up and get reasonable

and they leave home,

just when it’s nice to have them around . . . .

That’s life on the edge of autumn.

And that’s beautiful—if we have the humility for it.

Joan Chittister

GOOD MORNING !

As you see I’ve pictures of 3 more of my grandbabes as they started school this week. Our Princess is a 3rd grader, Our Sweetheart began Kindergarten and Our Prince Charming went to Preschool. These are the 3 grandchildren that I’ve been blessed by having them in the camper next door to mine all summer.

All told I have 11 grandchildren so there will be more pictures of BACK TO SCHOOL I hope. It all depends on their parents sending them to me. None live close by.

Changes have happened in my life just like in the poem above. Just when things were comfortable some kind of change came along. I never had to experience living alone until late in my life when the youngest was in college . I lived with my parents until I got married and then lived with my husband til he died and then of course I still had all the babes til they grew up and went on their own.

I’m not sure I’ll ever be comfortable with it, even though I do enjoy my life to the fullest each day. There is a difference .

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Life should be enjoyable;

too often we think it's about achievement.

The truth is that making life enjoyable

 is an achievement in itself.

Unattributed

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of EACH day 

MA

 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

UYou like me are blessed with so many wonderful Grandchildren ,only one regret their Grandfathers never had the joy of meeting them ..love Jan x

Anonymous said...

You are truly blessed having 11 grandchildren. I would have loved more but with only one child of my own it could never be.  Lovely pictures.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

How beautiful they are!  Sorry, Prince Charming, I should have said,
"and handsome."  Boys are so touchy about being called beautiful.
I still call my grandsons "gorgeoous" and survive their groans.
I do not like being alone, but I know I will not be able to keep
my son with me much longer.  I do enjoy children so much.   Pat

Anonymous said...

Aww, they are all so cute! They all look fairly happy to be going off to school, too, or was it just pretend? ;) I hope they're all enjoying their new classmates.

Beth

Anonymous said...

Sweet grandbaby pictures and you have updated your side bar to fall, I see.  Woo Hoo.  I think it would be very hard for me to live by myself.  I would miss the comradery and planning and doing of things together.  I guess I'd have to develop some really good friends to enjoy doing things with.  My Mom has been lonely since died Dad and now the little Heidi being gone has just broken her heart again.  But lets see what Ms. Fancy the poodle does to her life.  lol

Anonymous said...

such sweet children!!! so blessed with 11 grands!!!

betty

Anonymous said...

Lovely photographs. You are so lucky to have such nice grandchildren.  Yes it sure is different when we live on our own...but we just have to get used to it.  Much Love   Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

The grand babies are so cute. If there's one thing I've finally learned, you cannot count on things staying the same. Little things can be a big achievement :)........alice

Anonymous said...

What great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Funny I was thinking about you yesterday evening. :-) Once you commented on my journal about being alone. I got home late yesterday and did not go to church with my husband. I was sitting on the deck in front of the garage... thinking what if I lived here alone?? I think I like my hubby being here with me. lol Like you... I would stay busy but yes, I understand there is a difference. You did an excellent job raising your children.  Hope your week goes very well. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

You have some precious grandchildren!  Changes scare the heck out of me.  I don't like change!  I do love Fall though!  It's my favorite!  

Hollie

Anonymous said...

All your family are  beautiful and your Grandchildren are priceless such bonny babes.You sure raised a fine family.I wish  all the children well at school this year.I know the feeling of living alone and no it's not very nice.It is differant.Have a lovely Friday.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love that poem that you used today. Never quite thought of things that way, but so true. Just when we feel comfortable and get used to something, along comes change. For me, I believe the humility comes easier the older I get. I live alone too and most times I relish it. Home is such a great sanctuary in which to hide from the noise and chaos of the world. Makes me appreciate friends and family more when I do get to see them.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos of your grandchildren!  I have nine and although it gets expensive at Christmas and birthdays I wouldn't be without them!  I really liked the poem too, how true!
Thanks for your comments on my overdue journal entry! Love, Pat  http://journals.aol.co.uk/pm71blackfen/ramblings-from-pat/

Anonymous said...

Such darling pictures of your Grandchildren! I want some sooooooo badly, but I'll have to patiently wait. In the meantime, I do have a sweet, 5 year old, Granddogger poodle whose name is Maddie :)
I can see why they give you so much joy....look at those precious faces!!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a summer with your three grandchildren.  I am sure it will be difficult to get used to the quiet. :o)

Anonymous said...

More Happy Back to Schools!!!
Linda :)