Wednesday, August 20, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 8, PAGE 20

God has given us

these times of Joy

Psalm 81:4

I FEEL GREAT TODAY!

Try this little experiment. Wherever you're sitting, lower your head and look down. Let your shoulders droop. Say to yourself quietly "I'm really depressed. I feel awful." How do you feel?

Now try this. Sit up straight, or stand up if you want. Look up toward the sky. Put a big smile on your face and say out loud with excitement "I feel GREAT today! I am alive with excitement and enthusiasm." Now how do your feel? Do you notice a big difference?

 It's all due to your physiology. By changing your posture and your voice, you have changed your attitude… Now a positive attitude won't change your situation. But if you hold your head high and look toward the stars, you'll see a lot more opportunities than if you're looking down and depressed…

You're in complete control of the way you act and the way you feel. Use that to your advantage every moment.

Ralph Marston

A TIME TO ENJOY

GOOD MORNING !

I really do choose how I start the day. I could moan and groan my situation, but what good would it do. The beagle doesn’t care and neither does the dirty old bird. The only one that hears me is-- me and I don’t want to listen to any whining so I try to keep things on a happy note.

I can sing , I can dance and no one knows but me. When people see the SMILE on my face they think I’m happy and that’s a good thing. Little do they know I’m probably dreaming about the BEACH.

Thinking about things that make me happy often tend to do just that. I’m feeling great today – hope you are too !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The wind might cause a kite to rise,

 but what keeps it up there

is the fact that somebody on

the ground has a steady hand.

You have to hold steady to your values

 - your integrity.

It's your anchor.

You let go of that…well,

it isn't long before your kite

comes crashing down

Author unknown

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of Summertime

MA

 

 

graphics by:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy smiling or smiling back. lol Yes, feeling great to be alive. lol Have a wonderful day with blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

You wrote that the only one that hears is you, and you don't want to hear any whining. Ha ha! I like that! I'm with you on the positive attitude outlook. It can work wonders!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Awwww...I think the beagle cares....lol

Anonymous said...

I have to agree today with comment number 2. I also had to chuckle at those words LOL!! Your postings do make me feel so much better I must say.Thankyou for the smile you brought to my face tonight and your inspirational words.I appreciate them so much.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I am dreaming about the beach too this afternoon. Have a great evening.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Well, the beach is a bit rainy and windy here today (Fay) so I'll dream about the mountains!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Ma, I agree with you.  No matter what situation you're in you should be positive.  The way we look at things is very important.  Good entry.

John
http://journals.aol.com/johneknox/too-stubborn-to-die/

Anonymous said...

totally agree with you; we can choose how we feel and our moods; most days I choose to be happy; once in awhile its hard and a grumpy day or a sad day slips in

betty

Anonymous said...

You are so right I think sometime you choose how you feel and you can change it,  a wasp has just appeared in my lounge ohhhhhh. Love Joan.