Sunday, August 17, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 8, PAGE 17

God has given us

these times of Joy

Psalm 81:4

Birds sing after a storm;

why shouldn't people feel as free

to delight in whatever sunlight

remains to them?

Rose Kennedy

Good Afternoon !

I’m home once more all rested and refreshed from a wonderful weekend. The weather was so nice, just perfect for sure and we were totally lazy. DD and her hubby were not there this weekend, just DS#1 and family so it was a little quieter than usual.

We did have a little excitement with a big ole tree falling down just across from where my camper sets, but other wise it was peaceful and relaxing.

At home it is still very dry and when I returned my next door sister had the sprinkler running in our back yard so I suppose I’ll be going out to water the front yard soon. The flowers and the grass need a little watering badly. 

When I went to check my e-mail this afternoon, I found lots of congrats on being chosen as one of the guest editor picks of the week.  I want to thank our dear Jeannette for spotlighting my journal.  It is an honor.  It will take a bit for me to get through them all but I'll try to get back to each and every one of you. 

I hope you all had a great weekend and are refreshed and ready for the new week ahead.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Be like the sundial

that records only the

light and goodness of the day

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of Summertime

MA

 

 

graphics by:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the smile
Marti

Anonymous said...

Your pictures remind me of the song: Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine"  I like your journal. It is positive.  I'll be back.  Anne

Anonymous said...

Always something new going on at camp rainey.... poor tree but glad it didn't fall on anything....
Have a great week!!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your pics.  Glad the tree did not injure anyone or anything.  Sounded like good food and good times.  I love your beagle and just want to give him a big old hug.  He looks so sweet.  Or is it a she?  My Tugie was really confused about so many people tonight when the youth group came over.  She is all poopered out next to me in bed.  (I'm on the laptop).  Have a wonderful week.
I'm almost finished with my paper.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

The weather is nice here too and it really feels great. Congratulations on being editor's pick. Glad you had a wonderful time relaxing.  Hope you have an easy week at work. God bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had such a lovely weekend.  It looks such a wonderful place to be for a weekend rest and relaxation...Can I come with you next time ?? LOL
 You sure wouldn't have to water your yard or garden if you were over here we are awash with rain rain rain...Had hoped to have a picnic for the old ladies in our church guild today..however it looks like it will have to be an indoor picnic at the church rather than out in a lovely garden as planned...  Love Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a good weekend and the weather stayed fine. Pity about the tree I hate when an old tree falls. We had to take down our Eucalyptus tree down in the spring or it was going to damage to our neighbours outhouse. Fortunately we could saw it down about 3 feet from the ground and already it is sprouting again.  Take care Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/en

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. I've played Sequence a LOT with my son. It's a good game! I'm glad nobody got hurt with that huge tree falling. Lucky there.
Hope you have a good week!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being a guest editor's pick.
Glad the tree fell ACROSS from where your camper is & not right by it. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

What a lucky thing that the tree missed your camper!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your weekend sounds like it was filled with a lot of fun and relaxing! I'm so glad that no one was hurt with the tree....wow!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda
P.S..................Your graphics are so cute :)