Thursday, August 7, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 8, PAGE 7

God has given us

these times of Joy

Psalm 81:4

Joy is your true nature.

That's why it feels so right

Simple yet profound, joy asks only to be.

Joy fills your life to the extent that you allow it.

Let go of the frustration, the anger,

envy and worry. And joy comes quickly

to fill the void.

The smallest things can inspire joy.

And the biggest moments in life

benefit when they are lived in joy.

Joy costs nothing and yet it gives so much.

Joy is completely unreasonable

and that is its most powerfully

compelling reason.

Joy is always here and now.

Allow joy to fill your heart,

and its great value will fill your world.

Ralph Marston

A TIME TO ENJOY

GOOD MORNING !

Good News ! I got that Hawaiian shirt ironed for Friday and even one for the next Friday that I work which won’t be until the 29th. Look out beach here I come.

I also managed to press the wrinkles out of the capri’s that will go with the shirts and the dress I’ll wear to church Sunday. The laundry is done but the house needs a good blessing. Maybe this evening I’ll get the downstairs vacuumed and if it doesn’t rain the flowers will need more watering.

Friday evening I will be making the potato salad for the party on Saturday. Everyone loves it including me, but it does take a while to chop it all up. I really don’t have anything better to do so that’s all right. It will seem very strange not going to the camper.

My boss is supposed to be out of the office most of the day so I’ll be putting my ‘cleaning lady’ hat on at work today. There is not a whole lot else to do. I‘ll dust and vacuum etc. while no one is in. Keeping busy does help the day go by faster. My real title is office manager which includes anything and everything to do with the office for sure.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Love, Life, Laughter:

The Three L's of Joyful Living

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of Summertime

MA

 

 

graphics by:

Until Then Graphics

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy your party. I love potato salad and it is one of the things I am allowed to eat lol.  I also love Hawaiin shirts although they are not sold much over here.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I have a good potato salad recipe, too. It takes so darned long to make it and I'm so lazy that I haven't had it in a LONG time LOL!
Enjoy your day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Have fun, I love a good potato salad too.  Sounds like you have a fun trip ahead.
Love the turtles by the way:)

Anonymous said...

Aloha!  Play some pretty Hawaiian music in the
background and do the hula all day.  Enjoy
your beach days and your celebration!  Pat

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Good for you. lol It sure makes a day long when it is boring. lol Have a wonderful Friday and weekend. Janie

Anonymous said...

Sometimes "manager" includes managing the dirt, LMAO!

Anonymous said...

Glad your day is going well. Not much going on here in HR.  Scheduling seems to be going crazy following orders to get them out to the customers on time and accurately.  I am at the switchboard watching people dart from office to office trying to get things done.  I feel helpless.  But at least I'm manning phones while the receptionist/production assistant and her boss work on some things.  lol