Friday, August 29, 2008

BOOK 08,CHAPTER 8, PAGE 29

God has given us

these times of Joy

Psalm 81:4

Come said the wind to the leaves one day,

Come o're the meadows and we will play.

Put on your dresses scarlet and gold,

For summer is gone and the days grow cold.

 A Children's Song of the 1880's

GOOD MORNING !

The calendar tells us that the seasons change in mid-September, but we all know that the unofficial end to summer is Labor Day. It seems we often equate the summer season with freedom and the fall with "back to school" and, for many, that means drudgery or at least, less freedom.

Summer style and its pace is so different. Summer is a very social time as the weather encourages people to go out. Now the days are getting shorter, and even the way people talk about the seasons encourages less energetic feelings

We really do need to celebrate what's special about each season and look forward to the opportunities that come with the change in weather. The summer is only three months at most. That leaves nine other months, so of course we couldn't get all the projects done or do all the vacationing we ever wanted in such a short time.

My little weekend vacations will continue til the end of October so I’ll have a gradual ending to my days of being outdoors. When the cold weather comes I’ll hibernate here at home til Spring arrives.

I’ll be off to my camper after work today and won’t return home til sometime on Tuesday, September 2nd. So when I return I’ll have a new journal theme for the new month and lots of new quotes, poems and thoughts for the day to share with you all.

I’ve chosen ALOHA as the theme for Chapter 9 of my Book 08 . It has taken some hours surfing the net to find out what I could about that magical word.

ALOHA can mean love, affection, compassion, mercy, sympathy, pity, kindness, sentiment, grace, charity, greeting, salutation, regards; sweetheart, lover, loved one, to love, to be fond of, .etc.

It's the way people treat each other, a way of life and a state of mind

It can mean good bye and also hello.

In September we will be saying Good Bye to summer and Hello to fall. I’m looking forward to a brand new month and a new season to enjoy. God has blessed us splendidly with beauty in each of the seasons of the year and I’m so thankful for them.

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. Be safe and happy and enjoy the precious moments we’ve been given.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

There are two things to aim at in life:

first, to get what you want; and,

after that, to enjoy it.

Only the wisest of humans

achieve the second.

Logan Pearsall Smith

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of EACH and EVERY new day!

MA

 

 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this entry, every word is so true.   I hope you enjoy your weekend at the campsite and that the wether stays nice for you!  ~~Pat   http://journals.aol.co.uk/pm71blackfen/ramblings-from-pat/

Anonymous said...

Fall is my favourite time of year...
TGIF
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

Good morning Pam. We do need  to find something about each day to enjoy even if there are some things about the day we may not like. I know you will just have the best time on your camping trip. Till you get back, aloha :)..............alice

Anonymous said...

I love this entry ...the poem and yes 'Aloha' says it all doesnt it ? ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely holiday weekend

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend in the great outdoors!

One of the reasons I love fall? Football!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Have an awesome Labor Day weekend.  Aloha.  he he

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you manage to get away most weekends to spend time just "chillin out"  Quite a number of years ago my Mum and I bought a static caravan over in Wales and we went almost every weekend after I finished work it was so lovely right overlooking a beautiful beach...not that I could get on to it withthe wheelchair...but Mum loved her walk there every day with our wee dog.  We sold it to my sister when we needed money to move from Bath to our home here in Box..it was never quite the same after that, especially as Mum died just one year after we moved here and I am on my own now....Hope you have a wonderful weekend.   God Bless   Love  Sybil xxx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

Lovely words once again.Have a lovely weekend and ENJOY.Now Fall as you call it is approaching I think my visits to the beach will get less too.I hope the weather is kind to you and yours all yoour Labour Day weekend..Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a lovely long weekend and the summer last for you till Tuesday.  Over here in Scotland we have hardly had a summer the weather has been very wet am hoping Autumn will be better. Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/en

Anonymous said...

looking forward to September and aloha!! wonderful theme I think!!

enjoy your long weekend :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Aloha to you, enjoy your weekend :o)

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful extended weekend at the camper!  

Hugs,
Hollie

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to your Aloha theme. Have a safe and fun weekend.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend!!!
We are going to the beach!! Can't wait!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for your Aloha :) Have a great weekend!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

It won't be long until winter! :(  lol I have to get busy in September to get the shop done! Just be steady and take my time because I do have a heater I can plug in. lol Sounds like a great word. Sure you will have a wonderful weekend holiday. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem like we have had much summer this year in the UK and now i have to start making my christmas list.  Have a good day.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

It has been around 90 degrees here lately, so for once I don't feel summer is already over. Yay! I hope you had a great trip!