Monday, August 18, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 8, PAGE 18

God has given us

these times of Joy.

Psalm 81:4

Let me enjoy this late-summer day

of my heart while the leaves

are still green and I won't look so close

as to see that first tint

of pale yellow slowly creep in.

I will cease endless running and

then look to the sky ask the sun

to embrace me and then hope she won't

tell of tomorrows less long than today.

Let me spend just this time

in the slow-cooling glow of warm

afternoon light and I'd think

I will still have the strength

for just one more last fling of my heart.

John Bohrn, Late August

GOOD MORNING!

The late summer days of August have been just beautiful so far this year. Cool nights and warm days with mild breezes blowing. Usually this is the hottest time of year for us.

Schools will be starting within the next week or so and the children often have to endure the hottest days of summer sitting in a classroom baking. I hope our pleasant weather continues for them and for their teachers too..

We never know what the weather will do. We have no control over it, but I do enjoy each moment of summer to the fullest. Days are getting shorter and more dearer and I cannot seem to soak in enough of the warming rays of sunshine.

Not so long ago I was having to go to bed in the daylight. Now it is dark and I’m coming inside earlier and earlier. I will miss the evenings sitting in my swing on the porch or rocking in the rocker on the patio.

I do hope your week is off to a good start ! My good cup of coffee is about gone so …

I owe, I owe

It’s off to work I go

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Never be afraid to sit awhile and think.

Lorraine Hansberry, A Raisin in the Sun

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of Summertime

MA

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great start to my day.  We're watching the path of Hurricane Fay this week.  Time will tell if Central FL will get more than rain and wind!  But God's in his Heaven, all's right with the world!  Happy Monday!  Linda

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful weekend here also.  I can't belive how nice the weather was!  It was so much fun.  Linda

Anonymous said...

It is already like autumn here, strong winds, lots of rain although the sun is shining today but the wind is too strong to sit out in

Anonymous said...

we had a long beautiful storm all weekend long here. I love the rain. It's so cozy on our porch behind all the shiny green trees.
Marti

Anonymous said...

Most of my weekend was spent traveling.  Crossed the length
of my state into a neighboring state to make a quick visit to
a relative who had been ailing (but thankfully is improved),
Took seven hours each way, with a stop for dinner.  I had
also made a trip this Thursday that was three each way , so
I am one tired puppy today.  Good to see family, though.
Glad you had a relaxing weekend.  Blessings 2-U,   Pat

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your visit, Ma. Is that what most call you? The title of your journal really got my attention because I distinctly remember hearing them when my ob barely made it into the delivery room when I was having my second baby. He said, "Good morning Sunshine!" and what seemed like seconds later I had a baby boy lying on my chest. Had to be the fastest delivery in history and never had a pain or anything. All babies should come so easily. Anyway, I love your journal and will have you on alerts. Have a great work day:)........alice

Anonymous said...

My husband loves to go sit in front of the garage and visit with the dogs and cats. lol  They ALL flock around him wanting to sit on his lap or get petted. The evening is nice. I hope we don't have a early winter, don't you? lol Hope your week goes well at work. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

The evenings are cooling off here....but it's still hot here. AC is going a lot it seems.
Congrats on being editors pick!
Hope you have a good week!
Pam

Anonymous said...

What a lovely write up today...Thank you...I only wish we had had some kind of nice summer days  It has been particularily bad this year..or so it seems...I think we have only had 2 weeks of summer otherwise it has been just the odd day.. so we make the most of the sunshine when it does show it's face.and are thankfully for them...Today I had organised a garden party picnic for our old folks club..what adaft thing to do in August!!! needless to say it turned into an indoor picnic in the church !!   Love  Sybil xx  Thank you for your comment on my journal I hope soon to be back writing more faithfully sinse my God daughetr died I just don't seem to  have the same heart ...

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it that the high schools here started a week ago already. It just doesn't seem right that the kids are back already and the state fair isn't even over yet. Have a great day.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just stopping by via Magic Smoke--congrats on being a Guest Editor pick!

We are also having a very atypical August--usually it's quite hot and humid, so these cooler nights have felt wonderful!

I love your butterfly pictures!

All my best,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Just love your journal. It has been such a long time since I've been by, but hope to visit more often. God bless you.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I am hoping for a long, warm fall!

xoxo