Sunday, August 3, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 8, PAGE 3

God has given us these times of Joy

Psalm 81:4

Because gratification of a desire leads

to the temporary stilling of the mind

and the experience of the peaceful,

joyful Self, it's no wonder that we

 get hooked on thinking that happiness

comes from the satisfaction of desires.

This is the meaning of the old adage,

'Joy is not in things, it is in us.'

Joan Borysenko

Your joy is your doing, just as your lack of joy would be your doing. No one contributes to it unless you let outer influences determine your inner feelings. And when we cultivate our own joy we can help others to discover their own joy inside of themselves as well

A TIME TO ENJOY

Good Evening !

I am home from a very restful weekend at the camper.  I was the only one from our family there.  DS#1 and his family went to his wife's grandfather's birthday party and DD and her hubby needed to stay home as she was not feeling well. 

This past Thursday she had a bad scare as she started having terrible chest pains while at work.  They took her to the emergency room where after many tests they pronounced her well and said the pain must have been caused by stress.  They sent her home to rest for the weekend.  She'll see her family doctor on Monday and will find out more then.

I did read 3 books and got lots and lots of sleep.  The weather was just about perfect.  Sunny days, cool nights and nice breezes blowing.  I don't think I've had such a lazy weekend in a long long time.  I really can't ever remember being that lazy.

Well it will be back to work tomorrow and we'll see if all that rest did me any good or not. 

One of the books I read was by Max Lucado and it had a lot of good things in it so I hope to post some of my notes on my 'What's New at My House' journal.  I don't know if that will be today or not, but soon.

The other two were mystery stories that were light reading and not too heavy into the gory stuff.  I love to read and out did my self with 3 books in 3 days.

I think I would have stayed another week or two if I could have it was so nice.  But it was a blessing to have those two days so I'll count my blessings and thank the dear Lord for them

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Joy of life seems to me to arise

from a sense of being where one belongs. . .

of being foursquare with the life we have chosen.

All the discontented people

I know are trying sedulously to be

something they are not,

to do something they cannot do.

David Grayson

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS

of Summertime

MA

 

 

 

graphics by:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your campground seems to be such a peaceful place. I really enjoyed the pictures. Glad you had a nice relaxing time.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a relaxing break.  Have a good week my friend

Anonymous said...

All alone at the camper?  Oh what I wouldn't give for a weekend like that!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Alone time sounds very nice.... but wait, the beagle was there sitting in his chair, that is so cute, he sits in his chair on the porch with you......
Have a great week!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a weekend full of relaxing and reading. I think I could use a weekend like that too. lol Glad that DD was alright. Prayers, Janie