Thursday, August 21, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 8, PAGE 21

God has given us

these times of Joy

Psalm 81:4

This was one of those perfect

New England days in late summer

where the spirit of autumn

takes a first stealing flight,

like a spy,

through the ripening country-side,

and, with feigned sympathy

for those who droop with August heat,

puts her cool cloak of bracing air

about leaf and flower

and human shoulders.

Sarah Orne Jewett

GOOD MORNING!

We have had some cool nights. When I left for work yesterday morning I had to put a jacket on. It was only 59 degrees. It is supposed to be in the 80’s today and the rest of the weekend.

I hope to get in swimming as we didn’t do that at all last week. They will keep the pool at the campground open til it gets too cold. It won’t close after Labor Day as most of our public pools do. Hopefully we’ll have a nice long warm fall. Every year is a little different so it’s hard to know what to expect.

I’ll be at the campsite now til Sunday evening so I won’t have an entry til then. I do hope you all have a great weekend. You’ll all be in my thoughts and prayers as always.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When summer opens,

I see how fast it matures,

and fear it will be short;

but after the heats of July and August,

I am reconciled,

like one who has had his swing,

to the cool of autumn.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of Summertime

MA

 

 

graphics by:

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time at the campsite...always love your time's there...hugs!!!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time! Sounds like beautiful weather for camping!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend. Prayers and blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here in Wiltshire England smiling at the thought of you having to put a jacket on as your temp is only 59deg.    I am smiling and actually full of the delight that we have a WARM summer day the temp is at least 59deg !!! but at least we are having a dry day and the forecast for the weekend is that it may well remain dry.  Hip Hip Hooray....
Love  Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time and I hope you do manage to get to swim as I know you so enjoy it.The weather here is Rain rain rain and orcast for all the weekend and bank holiday,so I might end up with my own pool in the garden lol!! ENJOY your break.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

It is cooler here at nights as well.  Just hot and dry durning the day.
Swimming is very good exercise, wish I got to go more.

Anonymous said...

The weather here continues to be just wonderful with the slow rain most of the evenings and a gentle breeze and cool temps. You really are having some cool weather and hope you have a really good week-end. Till later :)..........alice

Anonymous said...

Have a great time camping....be safe :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

enjoy your weekend; I do hope the weather holds for you so you can enjoy swimming long into the beginning of fall :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I always hope for a mild fall and winter :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good time! Let's hope for a longer season of warm days so that you can enjoy the pool.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Happy Camping...
Love those cool mornings driving in with the window down to the interstate.