Sunday, August 10, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 8, PAGE 10

God has given us

these times of Joy

Psalm 81:4

Our search for joy takes us many different directions—dream holidays, shopping, food, clothes, friends, cars—the list is almost endless The enjoyment of “things” can be a positive spiritual experience. When we recognize that He “gives us richly all things to enjoy” (1 Tim. 6:17) and that “every good gift . . . is from above” (James 1:17), our hearts should be full of thankfulness and praise.

Enjoy the Giver and the gifts.

The true secret to living a more joyful life is to give of our love freely and practice living in the here and now. When we get too caught up in me, me, me, we loose our balance.

The past and future are out of our control, all we really have for sure is the "now"...this very moment. Let the good feelings expand and allow the painful ones slip away

Abe Lincoln once said, "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." We all know that someone, who against all of life's circumstances just seems... happy! They seem to possess so much gratitude...they are simply thankful for that soft, gooey peanut butter kiss of a toddler and dwell in its echo for moments and have learned how to truly savor every bite of a delicious slice of chocolate pie with almost a childlike appreciation.

From one of my daily meditations

A TIME TO ENJOY

GOOD MORNING !

Happiness is being satisfied with who you are, where you are, and where you're going.. Happiness requires no one else's approval or permission. Your own happiness is one of the few things you have control over and while maintaining joy can be hard work, it's work no one else can do for you

Life can be like a roller coaster as the demands and pressures that we face can be overwhelming. When somebody takes all of the fun out of what you are doing when you’ve been going full steam ahead with the wind in your sails and its like you’ve suddenly you hit a sand bar. It's like confronting a room full of skunks. You just want to get out of the room. You feel confused and discouraged because suddenly all the joy is gone.

Joy is a positive attitude that we choose to express. I believe it stems from our confidence in God. The belief that he is at work, that he is in full control, that he is in the midst of whatever has happened, is happening or will happen. He is the creator of the universe.

Without my faith I’m sure I wouldn’t have been able to hang on and enjoy the ride. Through the grace of God, today is a good day to be alive and a good day to make the most of what comes my way

As I make a return to my home church today, first time since April when camping season began, I may feel like a visitor myself. None the less you’ll all be in my thoughts and prayers as always.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Where Love Is Shared,

Joy Overflows

John 15:11-14

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of Summertime

MA

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great Sunday.  Having such a huge christian family all over the world gives me great joy.  I am blessed by so many brothers and sisters.

Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

This entry really hit home with me.
Hope you have a good Sunday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Happy LORD'S DAY!  We had a great service today,
and a fellowship dinner following to say farewell to
our minister of music and his family.  He is leaving
to further his education.  He has been wonderful
and will be greatly missed.  I hope you are well,
and rested and have a wonderful week.   Pat

Anonymous said...

Yes, in 2006 I got better at understanding that God was #1 before EVERYONE! I am just wondering if He takes each of us in that direction in some part of our lives?  I have read a couple of journals revealing the same thing. I am glad I am there. lol I now have a better understanding that everything is in His hands. He will carry me through the struggles IF I will allow Him to do so. lol Wishing you have a wonderful week and work goes very well. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Hope all went well at your old church...and your day was a good one...many hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hang onto summer - it's starting to slip away!