Wednesday, August 13, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 8, PAGE 13

God has given us

these times of Joy

Psalm 81:4

God - with just the right amount of rain,

mixed in with a sprinkle of sunshine

and his all encompassing love 

nurtures the earth

and watches as it flourishes.

We need to follow God's example

and learn how to nurture

and care for ourselves.

The saying goes "you reap what you sow",

 and if you follow these tips,

your life will blossom with peace,

love and happiness

Gary Barnes

A TIME TO ENJOY

GOOD MORNING !

Here we are at mid week already and after today I will have just one more day of the work week. I’ll have a nice long 3 day weekend. Friday is a vacation day and I really do need it.

I loved being withmy family last weekend, but I missed my weekend of camping. We do need to nurture ourselves and not let our work or burdens get in the way of the rest and refreshment that we all need.

Summer will soon be over and we’ll have fewer and fewer days of sunlight. I will be trying to soak up all the rays I can because winter goes on and on forever it seems.

It may be something that comes with age, but I am so affected by the lack of sunshine. I can’t remember being this way so much when I was younger. No wonder so many people retire to the southern states. That is not an option for me for sure so I’ll just have to bask in the sun while I can.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

In this day I will celebrate

as if it was my birthday and

24 hours was my gift.

I will treasure the sunrise

and save the light in my hand

for darkened days.

I will fill my lungs to capacity

with the sweet smell of life

and consume the colors that

surround me like a meal fit for a king.

I will taste the reds and yellows

of the flowers and

bathe in the blues and greens

of the sky and grass.

At the end of the day

in the darkest hours

my soul will light the way to rest

in the satisfaction of knowing

I did not waste a morsel.

Bob Perks

May the Lord Bless YOU

With Peace as you experience

The JOYS of Summertime

 MA

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Pam!  I embraced the wisdom in the "Thought for Today",
and I so appreciate you finding it and passing it on.  My
outlook on life has greatly improved since I have been
finding these jewels to place in my treasure chest (my
memory box).  Have a good 3-day weekend!   Pat

Anonymous said...

I love the sunny days too.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your kids.

Anonymous said...

I love the sunshine also!  Winter really does seem to drag on and on.  I really try to get outside in the winter when it is sunny but it is sooooooo cold!  Linda

Anonymous said...

3 days off sounds great and sure you will enjoy every miniute of it. lol We really need to take the kids to the zoo again. It has just been too hot to go there recently.  :-(  I am not a winter person! lol No we have to retire right here in Kansas. lol Have a wonderful rest of the week with lots of blessings. Janie

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend camping!

Anonymous said...

oh I love this meditation!
thank you for sharing
I am so glad I came here
Marti