Sunday, June 1, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 6, PAGE 1

The Angel of June helps us flourish and grow strong. June's angel teaches us to sustain our enthusiasm for the new projects and directions we started in the spring.

In this glorious time of sunshine and growth, we learn to seek out the warmth of friendships and family ties, to help nurture the seeds we planted and become all that we were meant to be.

The angel of June urges us to be steadfast in our intentions, to renew our dedication, and to stay on course

Relax It’ll come together

God has everything Under Control

Be still, and know that I am God…

Psalm 46:10

GOOD EVENING !

June is the beginning of summer in my books even though it isn’t official til later in the month. The spring weather fades and warmer days and abundant sunshine are here to stay for awhile.

We worked hard getting things ready, maybe planting or cleaning and now we can sit back a bit and relax and enjoy our endeavors. We do more traveling in the nice weather to visit our friends and family, there are picnics and reunions and weddings galore.

Summer's here and school's out. Graduation time and the flowers are blooming. It's hot... It's sunny. Life is full of endless possibilities. Time to take advantage of the fresh air and outdoors. The trees, the birds, the bees... Swimming, surfing, hiking, camping, biking...

So my theme for this month will be about relaxing. You know Sunday is officially my day of R & R but I think summertime weather offers us a lot more opportunities for slowing down and lightening up our work load and it also provides a calming effect to the hectic pace of life we lead.

The lazy hazy days aren’t quite here yet, they will come later in July and August, but certainly the bright and beautiful days ahead will give us plenty of opportunities for sitting in the shade, being still and for believing that our dear Lord really does have control of things.

I don’t have pictures for you today. I forgot the camera but it’s just as well as there was only me at the campsite this weekend. I was totally lazy and followed the sun around and soaked up plenty of rays.

The others had lots of other things they needed to do so they stayed at home. I on the other hand needed the weekend at the camper so I went off by myself and the beagle. We had some rain both Friday and Saturday nights, but sunshine during the day so that was great!

I have laundry now to do this evening and must get ready for another work week. It will be a long 5 days of work but I have next weekend to look forward to.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Nothing is worse than being overloaded with tasks and having little control over your amount of work .  We become frustrated and unhappy

 

It is not worth it.  We need to take care of ourselves and take break if you need it.

 

Something as simple as 5 minutes of walking can do wonders.  You can only do what you can do.

 

Stressing out wastes precious time and energy you need for the rest of your life.

 

Take five, and feel glad to be alive.

 

From my morning meditation.

May your summer months

be joyous and fun…

And above all,

blessed with love,

 Ma

 

 

GRAPHICS BY:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just about to take more than five LOL!! It is time for my bed now.I had just commented on your last alert and was going to close down for the evening,when this one came through.I am sorry you were alone for the weekend but at least you enjoy it even so.Drat that you forgot your camera but not to worry. I know there will  be plenty more sanps  before the summer ends.So I will say Goodnight and Godbless and do some relaxation or should I say some Zzzzzzzzzzzzz He-He..Thankyou for sharing your wonderful words here in your journal.I just so love to visit.Take Care In my prayers.I hope your family are well and your sister too.God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I need more of that relaxing stuff.  Linda

Anonymous said...

What a nice refreshing entry.  Yes summer is here and the temps to go with it.  I did take some R & R moments once we got home tonight.  I'm enjoying the moments right now, matter of fact.  Even read some.  
Guess you are enjoying that camper.  Wish I could go...we could sit and chat over coffee!
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you still had a wonderful time at the campsite. Sometimes I think it is good to just have me time. Hope your week goes very well.  God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I love your thought for the day!! Glad you had fun at the camper.
Pam

Anonymous said...

You said we had our planting and cleaning done hey Im all behind lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

and my bday in June and hubby's too, lol....
I'm sure you enjoyed the quiet at the camp site as well as the hustle and bustle of family....
Linda :)