Thursday, June 19, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 6, PAGE 19

Relax

It’ll come together

God has everything Under Control

Be still, and know that I am God…

Psalm 46:10

Worry diminishes the spirit and makes problems

seem larger than they really are.

Give your mind and body a rest.

Relax.

Focus on what you DO have control over.

Prayer works.

And have faith that with time,

what you are worrying about will work itself out

GOOD MORNING !

Many of you will remember my saying BRRRCHILL when it was freezing cold during the winter…well here is another new word for you.

The good folk at Merriam-Webster Dictionary have compiled a list of "Favorite Top Ten" words that are not in the dictionary, following a very unofficial and unscientific survey of its web site visitors. Here's just one from the list --

Chillax: Relax, chill. Take it easy.

We can often make our selves sick with worry and stress, but if we take the time to CHILLAX for just a bit, things can look a whole lot better for sure.

If my today were to be exactly how I would like it to be, it probably wouldn't be much like the today I'm going to have. There would be much more free time for writing and reading and doing things that are more hobbies than work, but my life is as it is.

We need to choose wisely what stuff we're going to allow to take up that time we have. Life is short--we all know that. We may get overwhelmed by what's going on in our lives unless we learn to choose wisely

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Guard well your spare moments.

They are like uncut diamonds.

Discard them and their value will never be known.

Improve them and they will become

the brightest gems in a useful life.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chillax !

May your summer months be joyous and fun…

And above all, blessed with love,

Ma

 

 

GRAPHICS BY:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely word Hmm I think I will be useing that one again ,and again ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

chillax, love the word and we all need to do it.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to try that word in one of my rhymes sometime he-he.Have a lovely day and don't forget to chillax when you get home this evening.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

My boys say that all the time!!  chillax!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I like this one, yes , we need to all chill out and not sweat the small stuff.
I have a book with that title..very good read..
I like Psalm 46:10
Hope you have an easy day at work.

Anonymous said...

My husband did a number today to cause some stress! He does a good job of that with me and I have to remind myself to be still and just pray! Prayer is the best thing for something like that but sometimes my mouth gets the best of me! lol Hope you have a great week with LOTS of blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

I think I would rather be warmax!

xoxo