Friday, June 20, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 6, PAGE 20

Relax

It’ll come together

God has everything

Under Control

We grown-ups don't have enough fun.

I think it's because we get more out of practice

with every passing year.

Our bosses, our insurance companies,

credit bureaus and the IRS

aren't exactly "playmates," after all.

Now my children, on the other hand —

who don't yet know the process of growing up

is like climbing the stairs of self-denial —

approach life is if everything that's not

"play" is just an interruption.

Where I see a yard full of dead leaves

and a wasted Saturday... they see joyous revelry.

Where I see unproductive hours in front

of a video game or TV screen,

they see a whole new world.

Both are true, of course, but,

their perspective is a lot more fun than mine.

Reed Galin

GOOD MORNING !

It is so true ! We don’t have enough fun. We try to take on the everyday tasks ahead and forget to throw in some FUN time. I am getting better and better at it for sure, but I still have a long way to go.

If we could see through the eyes of a child where things are simple and uncomplicated, life would be more enjoyable. I think it is the main reason we all love being with and watching children. Their SMILES can brighten just about any day.

The weekend starts after work for me as I’ll head for the campground and there will be 3 lovely little ones waiting for me. DS#1 and his family started their weekend one day early and are already there.

Out of all my grand’babes’ I now see these 3 the most, but it doesn’t mean they are more loved or appreciated than any of the others; they are just more available since I started camping with them. And I am so glad I’ve the opportunity to be there.

Next weekend there will be 4 more of my grand’babes’ join us and on the 4th of July there will be 3 more come in for the day. Every one is meeting and or staying at the campground for our grand family reunion.

It is FRIDAY and Friday’s are always good days, so I’ll be off to work with a ***BIG SMILE*** for sure. I’ll see you all on Sunday evening with an update of the weekend and of course a few quotes or poems .

Chillax ! Relax and Enjoy !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

There are no diamonds

if coal is not crushed and heated...

There is no oil,

if olives are not squeezed...

No wine, if grapes are not pressed...

No perfume, if flowers are not crushed...

Have you felt any pressure in life today?

Don't worry...

God is just bringing out the best in you!

May your summer months be joyous and fun…

And above all, blessed with love,

Ma

 

 

graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too true we don't hav eenough fun.Though feelign not too good yesterday my daughter came along and took me out for tea.Then we went back to her home and played th eold fashioned board games all evening until 9pm.I so much enjoyed spending time with the children once again away from there computers,I must say they did too and said Grandma we will have to do this more often.It realy cheered me and I feel so much better today.So yes having fun is a good tonic.Enjoy your weekend with your little ones I know you love it just as I do.I hope the weather is beautiful.Looking forward to seeing your pics once again ENJOY!!!!! Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Oh Pam where did the week go ? here we are again looking forward to the weekend ,with family ,we are so blessed ,have a good un ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I know I need some more fun time!  Linda

Anonymous said...

How lovely that you are going to see all your grandchildren. I know how happy you will be.  Have a wonderful time and..........thanks for everything, you have read my entry so I know you understand what I mean.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

How wonderful you will have all those grandchildren together.
You will have to get some pictures of all of them.
You are blessed to have so many.
I hope you have a fun and safe weekend.
Take care,
Cassie

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to have such a big family that stays close. Enjoy your weekend, and have some FUN!
Pam

Anonymous said...

While you chillax at the camper I'll be getting ready to chillax at the beach....
Enjoy!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I took off this afternoon and met my daughter and grand-daughter. We ate at IHOP and went to WM. Got out and about and feel much better. It sounds like you are going to have a grand time. Have a wonderful weekend. Janie