Wednesday, June 18, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 6, PAGE 18

Relax 

It’ll come together

God has everything

Under Control

 

Be still, and know that I am God…

Psalm 46:10

 

When we feel we have nothing left to give

And we are sure that the song has ended

When our day seems over and the shadows fall

And the darkness of night has descended,

Where can we go to find the strength

To valiantly keep on trying,

Where can we find the hand that will dry

The tears that the heart is crying?

There's but one place to go and that is to God

And, dropping all pretense and pride,

We can pour out our problems without restraint

And gain strength from Him at our side,

And together we stand at life's crossroads

And view what we think is the end

But God has a much bigger vision

And He tells us it's only a bend

For the road goes on and is smoother

And the "pause in the song" is a rest

And the part that's unsung and unfinished

Is the sweetest and richest and best

So rest and relax and grow stronger

Let go and let God share your load

Your work is not finished or ended,

You've just come to a "bend in the road."

THE END OF THE ROAD IS

BUT A BEND IN THE ROAD

By Helen Steiner Rice

GOOD MORNING!

The poem above is one of my favorites. I’ve been at the bend in the road and felt just like it says. I’ve thought my life was over, but not so ! I’m still here. I had to take a large detour on that road and find my way back again.

I guess I still have work that’s not finished so I’m still cruising along . We just never know what bends we might have to make before we continue our journey.

I certainly never planned on being in an office 40 hours a week and living by myself. I had totally different plans for sure. One thing I’ve learned is that youcan make all the plans in the world but rarely do they go just like you think they should.

Life goes on and new plans are made and broken too. It seems a continuous expedition that never stops, just goes on and on. I guess that is why I think it is so important to refuel – relax – and take time out.

It’s OVER THE HUMP day and after today, just two more days of work and my rest will begin.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The following proverb was collected by a first grade teacher over the year. She gave her classes part of an old proverb and let them fill in the rest.

An idle mind is . . .

 

the best way to relax.

 

May your summer months be joyous and fun…

And above all, blessed with love,

Ma

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Pam ,like you my life didnt turn out quite the way I thought it would ,My Mum used to sayWe plan God prophise's (sp) hope you day goes well ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Things turn out for us for a reason...and hope each day we just can take one day at a time...live life to the fullest.  Hope you have a great day...hugs and much love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I love this poem, very good post.
I needed this today.
Thank you..

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem. I feel it is a blessing to not know our future. One can be here today and gone tomorrow. I believe that God is in control. He knows when to call us home. Hope things go well for you at work and at play. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Our way is planned for us and God takes us where he wants us to be I believe.My road has had many twists and turns.Guess I would be a millianaire now if I had a  dollar for every plan I have  had in mind over my lifetime. Still I am grateful for whatever is sent my way.Good to be back trying a few comments.Missed your postings.The weather is shocking for June and that doesn't help much.Have a lovely rest of the week. Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

My life didn't go down the path I had expected either. I think I am enjoying this route more :-)

xoxo