Sunday, June 29, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 6, PAGE 29

Relax

It’ll come together

God has everything

Under Control

 

Be still, and know that I am God…

Psalm 46:10

 

A LITTLE STORY FOR YOU TODAY…

A Shoe For All Occasions

She liked to walk, so she walked.

From years of walking, the bottoms of her feet

had become hard and leathery.

Even so, there were places she

could not go-where the stones

were too sharp or the sand too hot.

She came across another who wore

curious things on his feet that allowed

traversing of the forbidden zones.

So, she fashioned shoes of her own

and ventured into unfamiliar territory.

The further she walked, the colder it got.

It began to snow,

which made travel exceedingly difficult.

She had an idea. With larger extended

versions of her shoes, she discovered

that she could move across

the surface without sinking. So she moved on.

Eventually, she came to the edge of a large ocean,

and try as she might, she could not get

her shoes to prevent her from sinking.

She could go no further.

As she reflected on this circumstance,

she realized that she no longer knew

where she had come from of where she was going.

So she returned to the snow and

walked around because she liked to walk.

Others came and went,

but none could walk on the snow

as easily and as gracefully as she.

She was content. Then one day,

the snow began to melt and

the grass began to grow.

Soon there was a rich carpet of green.

Her shoes hindered her movements,

so she took them off.

But the bottoms of her feet were

now soft and sensitive,

and the grass tickled her toes.

She reached down to feel the grass with her hands.

She lay down to smell the sweetness

and she rolled on her back.

For the first time, she looked up to see the sky

and she wondered "had it been there all along?".

Author Unknown

 

GOOD EVENING !

The Story above and the poem below are a little lengthy but I hope you take time out and read them. They offer some really good thoughts that we could all benefit from.

I’ve so much to tell about the weekend that I’d run out of room here for sure. I hope the pictures show the love and excitement of having two of my sons and their families join us for vacation at the campground.

Come Wednesday evening of this week I’ll head back to the campsite to join them again and by Friday all of my babes and their families will be there. It will be a grand celebration.

The dear Lord has truly blessed me with my family and I’m so thankful that we are able to be together . Time is short and we don’t know for sure when we’ll be able to do this again.

A BIG THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I Listen

by Chuck Roper

I Listen to the trees, and they say:

"Stand tall and yield. Be tolerant and flexible.

Be true to yourself. Stand alone, and stand together.

Be brave. Be patient. With time, you will grow."

I Listen to the wind, and it says:

"Breathe. Take care of yourself --

body, mind, and spirit. Take time. Be quiet.

Listen from your heart. Forgive."

I Listen to the sun, and it says:

"Nurture others. Let your warmth radiate

 for others to feel. Give yourself withoutexpectations."

IListen to the creek, and it says:

"Relax; go with the flow. Tend to what's really important,

and let the rest go by. Keep moving --

don't be hesitant or afraid.

 Lighten up -- laugh, giggle."

I Listen to the mountains, and they say:

"Be there. Be honest. Be trustworthy.

Do what you say you're going to do.

Be true, genuine, and real. Speak from the heart.

Don't cheat."

I Listen to the birds, and they say:

"Set yourself free. Sing."

I Listen to the clouds, and they say:

"Be creative. Be expressive.

 Let your spirit run free.

Let yourself be light and gay,

but let yourself be heavy and sad.

Cry when you feel like it."

I Listen to the sky, and it says:

"Open up. Let go of the boundaries and barriers

which you have created to protect yourself.

Experience change. Fly.

" I Listen to the flowers and small plants, and they say:

"Be humble. Be simple.

Respect the beauty of small things.

Respect the beauty of humility and truth.

 Let go of perfectionism.

 Love yourself as you are; it opens the door to change.

 Practice acceptance.

" I Listen to the bugs and flying insects,

and they say: "Work. Be productive. Use your hands.

Focus on what's in front of you.

Ignore the past; there is only the present.

" I Listen to the moon, and it says:

"Love. Share love. Make love. Be romantic --

touch and caress. Allow yourself to be loved.

Be gentle, kind, and understanding.

Use candles.

" I Listen to the stars, and they wink and say:

"Play. Dance, be silly, have fun."

I Listen to the earth, and it says:

"I am your mother. I give you life.

Respect all that is around you.

Find beauty in all things -- living and not

-- including yourself;

for we are all one -- not separate.

Be especially respectful to the very young

and the very old, for they are both very near God.

Give up the belief that you are a higher form of life;

there is no higher form of life.

We are equal because we are the same.

When you return to me, I will welcome you,

and I will set your spirit free.

Love and nurture your children;

cook good food for them,

and hold them very close to you often.

Hold me close to you often as well,

and I will hold you in return;

I will support you.

Have faith.

May your summer months be joyous and fun…

And above all, blessed with love,

Ma

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my!  There is so much wisdom to be gleaned from
this entry.  I think I will re-read it many times because
it contains so much good advice.  Thanks for sharing.
Your pictures were wonderful.  Yes,  I could feel the
love surrounding your fun adventures.  Thankful to
have them together and the babes are beautiful.
Wishing you good weather for this weekend and
lots more to enjoy.   Happy 4th a little early!  Pat

Anonymous said...

First poem.. hmmm sometimes we do not see things that are a blessing because we are too focused on other things. lol Beautiful sky. Great poems. Thanks for sharing. So glad all of you had a wonderful time. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

the pictures are great and It's so great you can all get togther like that.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you all had a good time. Too bad it rained, but it doesn't seem to have spoiled any of your fun!
Have a good week!
Pam

Anonymous said...

It looks a really lovely place to be.  The photos were lovely too.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I like that big firepit for everyone to sit around....
Linda :)