Sunday, June 22, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 6, PAGE 22

Relax

It’ll come together

God has everything

Under Control

Psalm 23:1-2

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. In verdant pastures he gives me repose; Beside restful waters he leads me; he refreshes my soul.

The resful waters to which he leads us is the quiet joy and interior peace of his abiding presence. We are his sheep. As our Shepherd, he knows that sheep are fearful of rapid-running water; hence he nurtures us in the quiet, prayerful solitude of our own heart.

Take all of the precious days of your life and use them to bring more joy, love, and oneness with God to this world. Life is short. Don't miss a moment of it.

Joseph J. Mazzella

GOOD EVENING !

I’m back home once more and refreshed and renewed for another work week. This weekend was a stormy one and we were confined to our campers more than once when a thunderstorm would pass by. But there were times of sunshine and blue skies too, so it was not a complete wash out.

AOL pictures are not working for me right now so I'll try and add them tomorrow.  We were able to sit around the campfire both Friday and Saturday evenings too. Those lightning bugs are still lighting up in the tree tops and the stars were out for awhile too.

I’ve been eating so well that I think I’m putting on weight instead of loosing it. I get a little more exercise than I would at home, but I eat much better than I would at home by myself.

The temperature was a little cooler than the past few weekends. I suppose all the rain made the difference. Just when I thought it was time to retire the sweatshirt and pants for the summer, I had to dig them back out Saturday evening.

They had a band at the club house and they played 50/60’s kind of music. They weren’t very good, but the tunes sure brought back memories as I hadn’t heard them in a long long time. We only stayed there a short while because by then the rain had stopped and we wanted to enjoy the campfire.

Today DS#5 and his wife joined us for a visit and the boys went golfing early this morning. I went to church alone as everyone else was either still sleeping or didn’t feel like going.

Whether I’m camping or at home if there is a church accessible I will go. I think it is so much a part of my life that I would miss it dearly if I couldn’t go.

It was nice til after lunch when the grand babes wanted to go swimming. Just as everyone loaded up to go to the pool another thunderstorm rolled in and pretty much the rest of the afternoon was the same. They were very disappointed that they could go as they are really fond of the water, but there will be lots of other days ahead that they will be able to swim.

All is quiet here at the homefront except for the neighbors a few doors down at the back of us are having a party in their back yard. I think they will get rained out too.

It’ll be back to work tomorrow but it will only be a 4 day work week so that should be just fine.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

You'll benefit from taking time out to clear

your mind daily and celebrate the moment.

Center in on the blue sky or clouds,

feel the sun on your face or the raindrops...

look at the grass the trees,

or the people going by

Breath in the fresh air and smell the flowers

It will ground you and

put everything back into perspective

May your summer months be joyous and fun…

And above all, blessed with love,

Ma

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, I love swimming.
Send us some of that rain..we got just a little last night.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you could still get out. Maybe the Lord wanted you in to lay around more. lol Gary said there were hundreds of lightening bugs outside our house on the lawn. There always is in the summer. Hope your week goes well at work. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Sounds as though you had a nice weekend again with the family ,so nice you enjoy your church when you are away ,,love Jan xx