Monday, June 9, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 6, PAGE 9

Relax

It’ll come together

God has everything Under Control

Be still, and know that I am God… Psalm 46:10

GOOD MORNING !

I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to start a new week. I certainly should be as I had a great relaxing weekend for sure.

We are headed toward another 90 degree plus day here. It seems summer has come with a vengeance. The word air conditioning is fast becoming a way of life for us.

School is out and many in my family are teachers so vacations have begun for them. I know these hard working people really don’t have much vacation and spend a lot of time getting ready for the next school year all summer long. Teachers are very special people and have a very important job too. My grand ‘babes’ too are out of school and ready to begin their summer vacations.

Come the 4th of July week our family will be having a reunion. It looks like all of them will be able to spend some time at the campers with us. I’m so excited as rarely to I get to have them all in one place at the same time.

And at Thanksgiving time this year I’m hoping to have them all together again too ! I’ve been able to spend more time with 2 of my babes and their families with my camping this year, but it’s been far too long since I’ve had them all together . We are 24 strong right now and that is something to celebrate.

As it is Monday I’ll have to be off to work as usual, but I’ve got some really great things to look forward too. Hope your day is a great one !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Many of us lose our ability to relax and smile a bit. Because we're so caught up in thinking about getting what we need soon, we can't relax until we have it.

We worry about time; we look at our watches instead of trusting other people to deliver what they've promised. Does this help us? Not a bit--we end up being worried all the time, and much time passes that we haven't enjoyed, never again to be recaptured

It's today ... and we're here ... and whatever else is going on, it's a good day to remember and rejoice in all of the wonderful moments that have been given to us over the years.

Selections from two of my morning meditations

The time to relax is when you don’t have the time for it.

Sydney J. Harris

May your summer months be joyous and fun…

And above all, blessed with love,

Ma

 

 

graphics by:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAVE A GREAT WEEK...
LYN

Anonymous said...

Ibet you are really looking forward to haveing your brood altogether ,its not always possible Iknow but how wonderful when it happens ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It is so HOT here too...happy your schools are out...Friday is the last day here.  Weekend was HOT...LOL   Sounds like your reunion will be good..and what a good time to have one.  
hugs and love,....stay cool...
Joyce

Anonymous said...

It must be lovely when you all get together ~ I am one of eight children and I love it when we all get together in one place ~ dosn't happen very often but when it does it is great ~ so I know how you must be feeling ~ have a wonderful time ~ Ally x