Monday, June 2, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 6, PAGE 2

Relax

It’ll come together

God has everything Under Control

 

Be still, and now that I am God…

Psalm 46:10

Precious Gifts

author unknown

Yesterday a butterfly

Came floating gently through the sky.

He soared up through the atmosphere

Then drifted close enough to hear.

I said, "I'd love to fly with you

And sail around the way you do.

It looks like it would be such fun

To fly up toward the summer sun.

But I have not your graceful charm.

I haven't wings, just these two arms.

I've been designed to walk around.

 My human feet must touch the ground.

Then magically he spoke to me and

told me what his wish would be.

He said, "What I'd love most to do

Is walk upon God's Earth with you,

To squish its mud between my toes

Or touch my finger to my nose.

I'd love just once to walk around

With human feet to touch the ground,

But I have not two legs that swing,

I haven't arms, just these two wings."

And so we went our separate ways

In wonder and surprise.

For we'd both seen God's precious gifts

Through someone else's eyes

GOOD MORNING !

Every day we share some precious moments. Things that others do can brighten our lives . Many time I’ve thought how blessed I’ve been to have my family and friends.

No one is much good without having someone to share life with. The old saying ‘No Man is an Island’ is so true. Solitude and quiet time have their place in life, but to be with people and a part of what they do is a valuable asset.

I’m back to work today. Sharing what I do with those that depend on me to do it. Payroll ! Now that is an important job for sure. Our employees are always thankful to see the paycheck each week. So am I.

That is what keeps me working ! If I work, I can enjoy more of what I like to do. If I don’t, well….we won’t go there this morning.

I owe, I owe…

It’s off to work I go!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

This morning take a few minutes to reflect on how you give of yourself to the world. Often we get caught up in the frenzy of buying and giving things.

Look at the ways you give appreciation, friendship, energy, time, love, and affection, and give of your own special talents and abilities throughout the year.

 Acknowledge yourself for having enriched the lives of others. Spend some time loving yourself for the giving light that you are.

Shakti Gawain

May your summer months

be joyous and fun…

And above all,

blessed with love,

Ma

 

graphics by:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful entry to start the week Pam ,I also enjoyed the butterfly poem ,Your job sorting out paychecks is indeed a very important one ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

aaahhh paychecks... yes they are important ;)  Thanks for stopping by... visit again if you like
d

Anonymous said...

You DO have an important job! I hope you have a good week!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I just love this posting.The butterfly poem is wonderful and so true too.I wish I could love myself, but I find it very difficult.One of my big problems in life is feeling a failure.I havn't been good today feeling down,but coming here once again has lifted me somewhat.Thankyou for the lovely words you write they do help.You do a very important job and I know you work so hard at it too,which enables you to have the things you so deserve..Prayers being said for you always.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Yes, God has been sooo good to me and mine! Hope your day at work went very good. God Bless, Janie