Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Relax

It’ll come together

God has everything

Under Control

Be still, and know that I am God… Psalm 46:10

There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure," said poet Sylvia Plath, "but I don't know many of them "

GOOD MORNING !

Personally, I'm thankful when I have a tub full of hot water and bubble bath, in which I can sit and soak and let my body relax. I’ve often said my ‘trip to the beach’ was my bubble bath and an ice cream cone.

We don’t have to take trips to the camper like I do every weekend just to relax. There are lots of other simple things can be a way to relax too. I love my drive to work, which takes me past forests and fields and a beautiful horizon and a cup of coffee in the morning can do wonders for my spirit.

When it gets hot like it has been the past few days, just sitting in my rocker on the patio sipping Iced Tea is a blessing. If we don’t take time to relax, the business of life takes over and we don’t have the quiet moments to clear our heads so that we can be aware of the important things in life.

When we get tired out things are often not what they seem. Little things tend to bother us that usually never would. I do hope you find that quiet moment and relax today.

Just 5 minutes is better than no time out at all.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

There is a lot to be said about the advantages of being lazy. As Mortimer Caplan, the former IRS commissioner put it, "Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired

So relax, be lazy

May your summer months be joyous and fun…

And above all, blessed with love,

Ma

 

 

graphics by:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

we all need to find a way to relax. Hope your having a good one.


Anonymous said...

I have to admit my bubbly bath does wonders for me ,but since retiring Pam I have found many others ,bearing in mind retired or not ,there are  still chores to do ,but they arent as urgent lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

A bubble bath sounds great.  I have been without internet service for the last few days, still without it at home but have it here at work.  It will take a few days for me to get all caught up.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I love the Thought for the Day. My sentiments exactly. The older I get, the more I see that life is to be savored and enjoyed like a good cup of coffee. Sit still and watch the world go by for while. It is all so soothing and peaceful.

Anonymous said...

Good coffee...a bubble bath....all of those things are wonderful to me! You seem to always be able to say the right things to me.
Have a good day today,
Pam

Anonymous said...

I love water, and a nice bath is a good way to relax.
I sure would love to have a pool in these hot summer months.
Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you...the simple things are the best...you are so awesome...love your entries...they RELAX me with your peace of mind...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Bath is great to relax. lol Tomorrow I am going to meet my daughter and grandchildren. My husband is working on the church tomorrow. I really need that time without him a long once in a while. lol Lots of things that we can do to relax. Even garage sales can be relaxing when I am not tired before I go. lol Have a wonderful week. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to be lazy all day, it's given me a headache, lol, I need to work on my relaxing skills.....
Linda :)