Sunday, June 8, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 6 PAGE 8

Relax

It’ll come together

God has everything Under Control

Be still, and know that I am God… Psalm 46:10

I surrender my anxiety

and my sense of urgency.

I allow God to guide me

in the pacing of my life.

I open my heart to God's timing.

I release my deadlines, agendas,

and stridency to the gentle

yet often swift pacing of God.

As I open my heart to God's unfolding,

 my heart attains peace.

As I relax into God's timing,

my heart contains comfort.

As I allow God to set the tone

and schedule of my days,

I find myself in the right

time and place, open and available

to God's opportunities.

Julia Cameron

GO0D EVENING !

SUNDAY is almost over but I wanted to share my pictures for the weekend and check in with you all.

We now have the a/c running here at home and are now nice and cool once again. It was yet another 90 degree day here.  I cannot believe I’m saying that as just 2 weeks ago the furnace was still running and it was very chilly outside.

It was a very summerlike weekend. If this is a sign of things to come, I’m sure we’ll be spending a lot of time by the pool or the lake.

Once again I should be all refreshed and renewed for the coming week. Amid all the fun, I did take time out Sunday morning for church as always. My week wouldn’t be complete without it. And as always you all were in my prayers

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

What happens to us when we take on too much?

First, we lose our own free time,

which means that we have

much less time to relax and

"re-create" ourselves.

We can't re-energize,

and we end up running on empty,

frazzled, frustrated, and much more

short-tempered than we normally would be.

By giving up our free time,

we lose a sense of balance,

and our ability to see things clearly

is lost because we never really

have the time to step back and

look long enough at something

to get a clear idea of just

what we're dealing with.

Tom Walsh

May your summer months be joyous and fun…

And above all, blessed with love,

Ma

 

 

graphics by:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you sure do have a beautiful place for your campers.... the swimming pool is beautiful and big too. Did you go in?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Those are all great pictures. Looks like everyone has a lot of fun. Hope your week goes very well. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

love all the pictures. Oh I agree once second you need the heat the next the air. LOL. We have had rain here in IL. for the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Great entry. I loved what you had to say in it.
Glad you had a good weekend away to your 2nd home!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say that I really enjoyed your pictures. I loved that pool! I'd be in there all weekend!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Please get someone to take some pictures of you Pam ,what a lovely place to go each weekend with all your dear family ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

My family will be vacationing this month and
I needed to be reminded to surrender my
anxiety.  I am happy for them and do not
want to pour cold water on their enthusiasm.  
Pray God will continue to take care of them.
You all have an ideal place for camping. I
loved the pictures.  Keep em coming.  Pat

Anonymous said...

How green and pretty the campground is becoming....
I'm always afraid I'll drop my camera in the water too so that was a good reminder...
and how fun everyone at the pool! but how cool is that slide in the lake.....
Always a great time at Camp Rainey...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

It's finally just about summer - isn't that great?

xoxo