Monday, June 23, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 6, PAGE 23

Relax

It’ll come together

God has everything

Under Control

Be still, and know that I am God… Psalm 46:10

Can you stop the Earth from spinning?

Can you stop the progression of the seasons?

As preposterous as it may sound, many people try, at least with their own lives. The Earth spins, and we have day and night. A time for effort, and a time for rest. The slightly tilted Earth orbits the sun, and we have the seasons of the year.

A time for planting, for growing, for harvesting, and for rest. The cycle of effort and rest is deeply ingrained in the world around us, and in us as well. A good night's sleep makes for a good day's work. And a day full of effort, makes for a good night's sleep.

Get too far off in either direction -- work with no rest, or rest with no work -- and your efforts become useless. You cannot avoid the need for balance any more than you can stop the Earth from spinning.

Work hard, rest well, and enjoy the optimum performance that comes from a well balanced life.

Ralph Marston

GOOD MORNING !

I hope your weekend was a good one.  Heaven only knows I should be ‘in balance’ today after my nice relaxing weekend. I’ve had more opportunity for rest this summer than I’ve had in a really long time.

Saturday morning I even managed to sleep in until 9:00. I got up about 6:30 in the morning and had my cup of good coffee and read a little of my book and then as I was a bit chilly crawled back under the covers and went back to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of knocking on my camper door as my grand’babes’ came checking on Grand’ma’ to make sure I was ok. I never sleep in like that and they were worried about me. I guess I needed the extra rest and I felt so good when I woke up.

I’m back to work today, which is just as necessary as the sleep in was to keep me in balance and my checkbook in balance as well. Those weekends sure do go by fast.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.’

Mother Teresa

A smile may seem small and almost insignificant and yet its impact can last a lifetime. We all know a genuine smile when we see it, radiating the inner beauty of the person within. Sadly we don’t seem to be smiling as much today.

One can call it busyness, worry or stress but it seems we have forgotten the power of a smile. Maybe forgotten is the wrong word but we certainly need to smile more. We need to allow the simplicity and beauty of a smile to express the Divine within.

We need to allow it to touch others and never to underestimate its beauty. Even when we’re stuck for words in the great mystery of life from joy to great sadness, a smile can often be better than a thousand words.

Fr. James McSweeny-Today is my gift to you

May your summer months be joyous and fun…

And above all, blessed with love,

Ma

 

 

graphics by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your grandchildren are so cute!  I can see by their faces, they love their grandmother..how sweet of them to check on you.
I need one of those hammocks, looks very comfy.
Enjoy your day.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. Everyone looks like they had a lot of fun and R & R. Kids are so cute and like the dogs too. lol Seems like when we are having fun the time always goes by fast. Wishing you a wonderful week with blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

I need to have a day where I can sleep in!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I can see why you enjoy your camper so much...just look at how relaxing it is...and peaceful.   The pool looked like so much fun...all the kids looked great and had smiles galore.
Hugs and love...have a wonderful Tuesday...
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some extra sleeping in over the weekend. I know that was nice.  You were probably shocked at sleeping to 9:00.  LOL

Anonymous said...

So pleased you were able to catch up on some sleep ,I enjoyed looking at your pictures ,The little Princess is a sweet heart isnt she ,I love that Mother Theresa quote ...love Jan xx,

Anonymous said...

The new grandpuppy is so cute!!
Love seeing all the pictures of everyone enjoying Camp Rainey!
Lina :)