Thursday, June 5, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 6, PAGE 5

Relax

It’ll come together

God has everything Under Control

Be still, and Know that I am God… Psalm 46:10

Just close your Eyes and open your heart,

And feel your worries and cares depart.

Just yield yourself to the Father above,

And let him hold you secure in his love.

For life on earth grows more involved,

With endless problems that can't be solved,

But God only ask us to do our best,

Then he will take over and finish the rest...

So when you are tired, discouraged and blue,

There is always one door that is open to you,

And that is the door to The House of Prayer,

And you'll find God waiting to meet you there.

And The House of Prayer is no further away,

than the quiet spot where you kneel and pray.

For the heart is a temple when God is there

As we place ourselves in his loving care.

And he hears every prayer and answers each one

When we Pray in His name - Thy will be done.

The burdens that seemed too heavy to bear

Are lifted away on the wings of a prayer.

Helen Steiner Rice

GOOD MORNING

Warm air is blowing our way today. It could be close to 90 degrees! Just last week we had a frost and my furnace was running. When we suddenly experience a hot day, one above 85, it’s very hard for us to adjust. Our thoughts immediately turn to air conditioning and trips to the beach.

Summer seems to be here for sure. Our hummingbirds are back at the feeders by our patio and I was able to get out and sit awhile last evening and just relax and watch them fly by. They are so tiny and delicate that it always amazes me to see them return each year.

Anyway it was just what I needed after a long day at work.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

If you pick 'em up, O Lord,

I'll put 'em down.

Author Unknown, "Prayer of the Tired Walker"

May your summer months be joyous and fun…

And above all, blessed with love,

Ma

 

 

graphics by:

Moon and Back Graphics

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pleased you managed to find time to relax last evening and enjoy the end of your day, watching the hummingbirds ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Not only do I envy your weekends away - I also envy your hummingbirds!  We saw them while staying with friends in California and I would love to be able to sit and watch them in our own garden.  Pat
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pm71blackfen/ramblings-from-pat/

Anonymous said...

It is good you are having some lovely warm weather.Here it is very cloudy looking very much like a storm.Your poem is lovely today and I hope it helps me.I am sorry I didn't get to you yesterday,I am feeling a little like some of the words in the poem Lets have some better weather I think that may help.The months go by so quickly I wish the sun would shine more.I am happy you could relax on your porch,you work so hard you deserve to be able to.Another week almost over you can go then go  camping again.  http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I saw a hummingbird first thing this morning in the backyard.....
Have a wonderful weekend at Camp Rainey!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

We have the warm air this week but lots of tornado warning. :-( Awww those little hummingbirds are sooo cute! We went to Oklahoma a couple of wks ago & husband's cousin had many. They were so cute. Tried to take photo but they were just too fast. lol Hope you had a great day, 1 more day, and then you can enjoy your weekend. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Luckily our weather has been pretty nice. It'll get warmer in July though. Then, we'll bake until October.
Pam

Anonymous said...

This week it's storms! Power outtages and huge trees down and thunder loud enough to shake my house! Very exciting :-)

xoxo