Tuesday, June 3, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 6, PAGE 3

Relax It’ll come together

God has everything Under Control

 

Be still, and know that I am God…

Psalm 46:10

 

We need to get away at times

From life's demanding ways

And find some quiet, little nook

in which to dream or pray.

A small escape from daily trials

that temper joys of life and burdens

us with little fears that add to tears of strife

A private place where we can be

alone in God's embrace and dream,

a little, and dwell,

a little in arms of Holy Grace.

A place to rest our heart and soul

against what is to be when returned

to what we left and what we can't foresee.

Author unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Another new day to do the best we can with what we’ve got ! It’s always good to start a new day. By the end of day hopefully there will be a few things I can count as blessings.

I look around and find my days so repetitive that sometimes one week blends into the next. Get up go to work Monday through Friday. Come home due some chores, go to bed, sleep, get up and do it all again.

Thankfully the weekends have a little more variety. I’m not complaining, it probably a good thing I lead a quiet life as I wouldn’t be able to keep up with much else.

One nice thing is that the weather has warmed up and I can finally wear some of my warm weather clothing. A change to lighter weight shirts and pants is nice. I rarely wear dresses or skirts as they are too dressy for the office I work in. It is strictly casual.

I love Capri’s and wear them often too. This past weekend I got some sun and have a nice tan started. That makes those short sleeved outfits look a little better too. Sunshine always makes me feel better for sure.

I’ve got my first cup of good coffee done so I’m off to work – hope you have a great day!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

What do I want to take home from my summer vacation?

Time.

The wonderful luxury of being at rest.

The days when you shut down the mental machinery

that keeps life on track and let life simply wander.

The days when you stop planning, analyzing,

thinking and just are. Summer is my period of grace.

Ellen Goodman

May your summer months be joyous and fun…

And above all, blessed with love,

Ma

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I got quite a tan too on my little break.The sunshine sure does make you feel better.The flowers look brighter too.Nothing but rain rain rain this week so far. So I have no suntan showing I am afraid.I have even had to put pacamacs (raincoats) on my flower tubs this morning  LOL!! In the shape of plastic carrier bags from the supermarket,to save the flowers from drowning LOL!!I always do this in heavy rains and it prolongs the flower heads.Plants to me are like humans I think our top knots would hang down low if we were out in all that rain with no cover over us .He-He.I hope you have  a lovely sunshiny day and a few smiles along the way.Don't work too hard.I love the child graphic at the beginning of your posting.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I have managed to get some sun too but it is only on my face and arms.  I need to let the legs out a bit to get some sun on them!!  Have a great day.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hee hee I see what you mean about the raincoats ,what a Kath she is ,I love that psalm  you quote from this morning,and I think routine is good, Pam we dont want too many dramas at our age lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I am happy you have your quiet weekends...we all need them.  I love Capris too...got mine on now....ready for the busy day ahead...dogs, grass ciutting...LOL
Hope you have a great Tuesday...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hope your day goes well at work. My daughter and 2 grandchildren came for a visit this afternoon; that was nice. She is still seeing double and has some pain but much better than she thought it would be... thank you for the prayers. Carlie is doing better also. We all went to the Sonic and got a chocolate malt for .99 cents... WooHoo! I love them malts.. but they love me too. lol Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Winter is finally over!!

xoxo