Tuesday, June 17, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 6, PAGE 17

Relax

It’ll come together

God has everything

Under Control

Be still, and Know that I am God…

Psalm 46:10

Life is short.

Each year passes more quickly than the previous one.

It’s easy to deny yourself many of life’s simple

pleasures because you want to be practical.

Forget about practical and decide i

nstead to become a joy collector.

Always be on the lookout for gifts without ribbons.

God is strewing them across your path right now.

His gifts come tagged with a note:

“Life can be wonderful. Do your best not to miss it!”

Enjoy what it is before it isn’t anymore. . . .

Dare to slip on a pair of bunny slippers once in a while!

Surprise yourself!

Enjoy the little things because one day you’ll look back

and realize they were the big things!

Barbara Johnson

GOOD MORNING !

Be aware of ‘gifts without ribbons’

I like that expression. We do receive lots of gifts that are not found in boxes and not tied up with pretty ribbons. The gift of a SMILE would be one for sure and how about a HUG? Lots and lots of gifts come in absolutely no packaging whatsoever.

You and I probably don’t own a pair of bunny slippers, but I’ve got flip flops for the summer and warm fuzzy socks galore for the winter. Slipping them on is like a mini vacation. Instantly my feet relax and so do the rest of me.

The office I work in is a relaxed casual office and I can even where my flip flops there too. So even if the rest of me is working, my feet are relaxing just fine. Matter of fact my feet are on a ‘trip to beach’ often. So even though I go off to work each day there are lots of little ‘gifts’ that give me moments of relaxation too. I just have to remember take pleasure in them.

Monday went by pretty quickly as it was busy; however, it took half the day to convince my brain we were back to work. Work doesn’t really slow down til Thursday and Friday. Two more of our men are now back to work. They’d been laid off since shortly after the first of the year. Thankfully our work is increasing and with the good weather, will only get busier and busier.

After several days of tropical like weather, our temps are supposed to cool down a bit today and be in the low 70’s. That is just about perfect weather for me. Right now it is only 59 degrees so before I go off to work I'd better put a jacket on.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Let us spend one day as deliberately as nature, and not be thrown off the track by every nutshell and mosquito’s wing that falls on the rails.

Let us rise early and fast, or break fast, gently and without perturbation. . . . Let us not be upset and overwhelmed in that terrible rapid whirlpool . . . .

If the engine whistles, let it whistle till it is hoarse for its pains. If the bell rings, why should we run?

Henry David Thoreau

May your summer months be joyous and fun…

And above all, blessed with love,

Ma

 

 

 

graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Not bunny slippers ,but some with little dogs on ,nice and cosy ,in the winter ,and yes flip flops all summer ,lots of different ones ,but an old pair that I keep coming back to lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

My brain does not want to be here today!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Nice journal entry!!
Yes, a "stop and smell the roses" kind of entry.  For me, a stop and see what else had bloomed moment.  LOL
Glad your work is picking up.  Speaking of work, I best get back to it.  
Soon it will be hump day...then the weekend once more.  But we'll enjoy moments in b/w now and then.
Have a good one.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this entry 'Gifts without ribbons' I had never thought about this but I can now think about and enjoy these little ribbonless gifts ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

You are so right about enjoying the little things. One of my favorite things when I work nights is to go outside after all of the guests are gone from the park and just enjoy the lights and the music that is playing. The park is beautiful late at night. Especially when there is a full moon.
Hope you have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Relax... yes I am trying to teach myself to do that more often. In my blood to be a nervous person.  lol That is great you can dress that way at work. That is good for the ones that got the job. Bet they are happy. It was very nice in the garage painting the statuary. Made the job much easier. Have a blessed week. Janie

Anonymous said...

You are such a blessing to read...and I am so happy you have such a relaxed office to work in daily...many hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Special little things happen every day, if we just open our eyes and pay attention!

xoxo