Sunday, April 30, 2006

CHAPTER 4, PAGE 30

Something to say to children (If it comes from your heart.)

1. I love you! There is nothing that will make me stop loving you. Nothing you could do or say or think will ever change that.

2. You are amazing! I look at you with wonder! Not just at what you can do, but who you are. There is no one like you. No one!

3. It's all right to cry. People cry for all kinds of reasons: when they are hurt, sad, glad, or worried; when they are angry, afraid, or lonely. When they feel. Big people cry too. I do.

4. You've made a mistake. That was wrong. People make mistakes. I do. Is it something we can fix? What can we do? It's all over. You can start fresh. I know you are sorry. I forgive you.

 5. You did the right thing. That was scary or hard. Even though it wasn't easy, you did it. I am proud of you; you should be too.

6. I'm sorry. Forgive me. I made a mistake.

7. You can change your mind. It's good to decide, but it is also fine to change.

8. What a great idea! You were really thinking! How did you come up with that? Tell me more. Your mind is clever!

9. That was kind. You did something helpful and thoughtful for that person. That must make you feel good inside. Thank you!

10. I have a surprise for you. It's not your birthday. It's for no reason at all. Just a surprise, a little one, but a surprise. 

 Excerpted from an article called "Advocacy: Being the Voices Children Need to Hear" written by China Deaton

Good Morning !

When I saw the list above I thought – This is a great list to say to anyone not just children. There is a lot of people in the world that don’t get any encouragement or praise.

It is our ‘Sunshine’ boy’s 3rd birthday today. As always he’s too far away to celebrate with , but he is in my thoughts and prayers on this very special day !

Lots to do today to get ready for a NEW work week. First on the list is Church of course. I do need my weekly R & R (Refreshed and renewed) so I can get up and greet the day with a ***BIG SMILE*** tomorrow morning !

Thought for today

If you only have one smile in you, give it to the people you love.

Don't be surly at home and then go out in the street

and start grinning "Good Morning" at total strangers.

Maya Angelou

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart!

MA

 

 

graphics by:

www.graphicgarden.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your kitchen looks just great. It was meant to be that it was a beautiful day for painting outside too.....EVERYTHING IN THE KITCHEN looks simply great.... :)  Have a wonderful relaxing day now, Sandra

Anonymous said...

The kitchen is great! The blue came out really nice. Everyone made it seem so easy and I can't believe how quickly it is done. Now you have all Sunday to enjoy...
Happy Birthdays!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your sunshine boy!

Your kitchen looks LOVELY. Blue is such a peaceful color.
Reminded me that the paint is coming this week for me to paint Our Lady's statue that's in the yard. She really needs it. I finally found outdoor paint that is for statues that doesn't need a sealant. My grandson and I will do the painting (he's 14). He will do the grotto and I will do Mary. : )

Happy Sunday,
Angela

Anonymous said...

graet list. You know that painting crew is gonna get hired up by trading spaces very nice job they did.

Anonymous said...

such a great job on the kitchen. Happy 3rd birthday to Sunshine boy. Hope you have a great week and I love the list.  Thanks.

Anonymous said...

How neat and clean the kitchen looks!  I really liked the chairs that go with the table.