Thursday, April 13, 2006

CHAPTER 4, PAGE 13

The sun was warm but the wind was chill.

You know how it is with an April day.

When the sun is out and the wind is still,

You're one month on in the middle of May.

But if you so much as dare to speak,

a cloud come over the sunlit arch,

And wind comes off a frozen peak,

And you're two months back in the middle of March.

Robert Frost

Good Morning !

I’m pretty well caught up at work and will have a nice long weekend to look forward to after today. I’ll be traveling just 2 hours south to DS#1’s house in central Ohio. They have lots of plans for things to do while I’m there.

It seems strange having another day off so soon, but I do need it. Vacation days at my house are usually spent getting ready for a Holiday or celebrating one. With a large family it seems there is always something going on.

I thought maybe if or when I get to retire I’d just travel around to visit them all. It would mean I could staywith each of them 1.7 months of each year. I could go north in the summer and south in the winter. Sounds like a good plan to me!

Well, I really do have to quit day dreaming and get off to work !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.

 Agatha Christie

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

Graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that would be nice tkae turns spending a month or so with your kids of course who got you in december would be a battle Im sure lol

Anonymous said...

The Pictures of the kids are wonderful! I hope you have a wonderful Easter week end... enjoy it all. sandra

Anonymous said...

I like your retirement dreams and I think you should follow those dreams. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

It's good to be back with you - thanks so much for leaving your link. Love the poem and your thought for the day - very apt in my circumstances.  Had to chuckle about your retirement plans - do the kids know yet? Keep laughing.
Lots of love.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

It's good to be back with you - thanks so much for leaving your link. Love the poem and your thought for the day - very apt in my circumstances.  Had to chuckle about your retirement plans - do the kids know yet? Keep laughing.
Lots of love.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

thanks for the poem and have a great Easter.

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend!!
And Happy Easter!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Like your idea of moving around every 1.7 months.  I had to laugh at the .7 part.
You are such an encouragement as always to me.  Always so upbeat even during the rougher times in life.
Have an awesome Easter weekend, my friend.  I sure am glad to be off.
Sonya