Tuesday, April 4, 2006

CHAPTER 4, PAGE 4

Appreciate the members of your family for who they are, even though their outlook or style may be miles different from yours. Rabbits don't fly. Eagles don't swim. Ducks look funny trying to climb. Squirrels don't have feathers. Stop comparing. There's plenty of room in the forest

Chuck Swindoll

GOOD MORNING !

I often am amazed at how different each of my children are. They were all raised with the same values and lived in the same house their childhood years, but somehow they became individuals. I love each of them the same anyhow. I respect their opinions and of course treasure their company. Now that I have grandchildren, I see them reflecting their parents' and growing into their own little persons too!

Snow is in our forecast this morning! Well, it’s only April and we’ve even had an odd flake or two in May. I haven’t got my Spring/Summer clothing out yet. It’s still packed away in the attic. I do wear a lot of layers anyway. So it’s easy to take a sweater off or add one as needed.

Thought for today:

Laughter brings sunshine into the home

May your day be filled with a few smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

graphics by:

www.graphicgarden.com

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I havent switched my clothes out yet either with it being cold so late.  and still a stray cold spell here and there. yes funny how differentall the kids canbe

Anonymous said...

I have 3 kids my oldest is a daughter who is 19 and I have boy/girl twins who are 15. They are so different from each other, I often wonder if they have the same parents, lol.

Anonymous said...

I have two grown children and they are exact opposites, so I see what you mean.
: )

Angela

Anonymous said...

My daughter (35) is different from me in so many ways but it keeps our relationship good and interesting. She is also more educated, more well travelled, more an adult of the new age world, science, technology and the media. As for me, with each year that goes by, I see myself becoming more like my mum or my grandma maybe even my dad in so many different ways. I love this reading and speaking for my own extended family, we certainly are a farmyard full of different and peculiar animals - no two the same.