Tuesday, April 11, 2006

FOR WEDNESDAY-CHAPTER 4, PAGE 12

With OUR EYES we see

the beauty of Easter

as the earth awakens once more...

With OUR EARS we hear

the birds sing sweetly to tell us

Spring again is here...

With OUR HANDS we pick

the golden daffodils

and the fragrant hyacinths...

But only with OUR HEARTS

can we feel the MIRACLE of GOD'S LOVE

which redeems all men...

And only with OUR SOUL

can we make our 'pilgrimage to God'

and inherit His Easter Gift

of ETERNAL LIFE.

Author unknown to me – I found this while searching the net.

GOOD EVENING AGAIN !

Hopefully tomorrow morning will be the last of the Journal outages for awhile.  It seems strange bringing in the morning sunshine while it's still evening.

April 12th would have been my Mom’s 84th birthday. We are allmissing her very much. She was a believer and I’m sure her soul has made that pilgrimage to God. So today we can celebrate her ETERNAL Life!

Did I tell you I’m an Easter person – or has it shown through in some of my thoughts each day ? We can choose to weep or to be joyful in whatever circumstance we find. I have done my share of weeping, and prefer to try to be thankful for the blessings each day brings.

The warm weather today brought forth lots and lots of buds and blooms. The landscape is beginning to look more colorful. I saw my first forsythia bushes in bloom on the way home from work.

Only 2 more days of this work week left and I’m sure they will go by faster than usual.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY…

Walk this day in peace and in the warmth of the sun

I love you all !

MA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so right, we do so much better when we choose to be joyful!

Angela

Anonymous said...

IM glad you had as much time as you had with your mom but I know you miss her deeply. I pray you have a wonderful easter even though you kind of already celebrated it. I do love the buds coming out HEY maybe that is a hello from your mom

Anonymous said...

Have a great easter. I'm sure your all missing your mom and I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

Popping in to say hello to you.....
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Thoughts of you and your mom on her birthday...
Hugs to you!!
Linda :)