Thursday, April 6, 2006

CHAPTER 4, PAGE 6

Do you have enough?

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.

I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life

appear much bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Good-bye."

AUTHOR UNKNOWN

Good Morning!

 Every time I talk to any member of my family I try to say ‘I love you’ before I say good bye to them. I don’t remember when I started doing this , but I think that if I never got to see them again they’d know how much I do love and appreciate them.

We leave impressions on the hearts of everyone we meet and a little smile and a kind word mean a lot in today’s busy world. One of my DDIL’s once said that she enjoyed being with people that really liked being together. She was talking about our family. I think that was one of the greatest compliments anyone could ever receive.

Too often it’s too late to say the ‘Hello’s ‘ and at the final ‘Goodbye’ we have regrets. I don’t ever want to be in that position.

So… in case I haven’t said it lately

I do love you all – you are my sunshine !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY:

We all grow better in sunshine and love

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

once when I was in my twentys I met a woman who was in her late thirties. she told me this was her second marriage. She said her first husband had been killed in a car train accident he did not see the train coming. but she said for the first time in her marraige they had a fight......... she said they did not speak all night and when he left that morning she and he did not say goodbye or kiss as always before. She now no matter how mad she kisses her husband nad hugs him goodbye. Says I love you.

Anonymous said...

I always know I can come here for a little dose of SUNSHINE.

Anonymous said...

You are a very wise, insightful person. So much better to tell people how much they mean to you while they are still alive, rather than crying with regret at the side of a coffin. I like what your DDIL said about being with people that really liked being together -- what a joy and pleasure in life and so very fortunate that it is her own family. Also, I really do appreciate reading the poems, pictures and sayings that you use and also your own thoughts on life. They are cheerful, positive, thought provoking, give me a boost during my day and they, and you, are very much appreciated. Have a terrific Thursday.

Anonymous said...

And we love you!!!!!!

Your grandson is adorable. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

saying I love you is a great thing. Your grandson is so adorable, love the glasses.