Thursday, April 27, 2006

CHAPTER 4, PAGE 27

Some people might think that they are not an expert in gardening but read the following and you can see all the different jobs that can be done starting right now.

First look at the weeds.

Weed out gossip,

Weed out laziness,

Weed out indifference,

Weed out pride.

Plant five rows of peas,

Patience,

Peace,

Promptness,

Politeness,

Prayer

Then plant five rows of lettuce,

Let us be faithful,

Let us be loving,

Let us be useful,

Let us be trustful,

Let us be grateful.

Happy Gardening

He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills.

Psalm 147:8

GOOD MORNING !

I used to garden…years ago when I was a stay at home mom. Fresh veggies just can’t be beat for flavor. Now the fresh veggies that I get come from the stands along the road on my way home from work. It won’t be long and they’ll be opening up again. I think the first thing that comes on the stands is strawberries ! Doesn’t that sound good !

Nowadays my gardening consists of flowers and I only plant a very few of those – we’ve planted things that come up every year and something is always in bloom from April til October when the frost comes again. All we have to do is keep the weeds out.

Work is getting really busy and today looks like one of those long days. One boss is off on vacation and the other will be at a job site most of the day. Maybe I’d better have an extra sip or two of my good coffee this morning.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

In sickness or health, in suffering or pain,

In storm laden skies, in sunshine and rain,

God always is there to lighten your way.

And lead you through darkness to a much brighter day.

Helen Steiner Rice

Whatever the weather or circumstances, know that darkness will end, dawn will break, and the sun will rise.

From Daily Guideposts

May your day be blessed with lots of smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ilove this entry, as far as gardening goes that is something I never really could do so well. I agree there is nothing better then home grown stuff. Yum.

Anonymous said...

Ah we have a small garden that I have yet to plant Im so far behind.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a nice day today and the sun is shinning. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hope you get a good rest over the weekend.
Angela

Anonymous said...

It's already May and the seeds are still sitting in the drawer, this year is flying...
Linda :)