Monday, May 1, 2006

Chapter 5,Page 1

Each day we struggle to keep up with our daily lives

We each have jobs and family

And responsibilities we must stay on top of

People depend on us

There are ‘things that need to be done’

But WAIT

Stop, take a breath

And just hold on one second

In the amount of time it took you to read this

You could: Send an e-mail to a friend you haven’t had time to catch up with

Make a phone call to say I love you or I hope you have a wonderful day

Hug that precious baby

Say a prayer of thanks for all you have

Or give yourself a pat on the back

In appreciation for all you do

Maybe we don’t always remember to take a minute

For the ‘Little Things’

But you know what?

The lawn will always continue to grow

Long after we are there to mow it

There will always be bills to pay,

Mouths to feed,

Laundry, windows and cars to wash

Those that care about us won’t sit around

The ‘ol’ camp fire’ and reminisce about the

Ability to multi-task better than the rest

Or task – master greatness

Hopefully they will remember us by the time we spent

Listening

Laughing

Loving

I wanted to take this moment to let YOU know

How much you mean to me

Although I don’t always take the time

To tell you I think of you every day

So take that extra moment right now and pass this on to

Every one that is important in your life !

Good Morning !

I found the above message on a card site and thought I needed to pass this on to all of you today ! The moments go by so fast that I know I forget about the truly important things in my life. It’s not about getting the work done, it’s about sharing and caring. Of course we all have responsibilities of family and jobs, but when that interferes with the time we should be spending with others, then there is a problem.

My caring and sharing time is mostly spent by doing my daily e-mail and posting in my journals. I don’t know if that counts, but I feel that I’m reaching out to most of my family and friends each day . Just a few years ago, I wouldn’t have even done that much.

My trusty computer (a gift from my children) has opened up a whole new way to reach out every day!

It’s Monday, a new week, and a new month. A new chapter in my book! I’m eagerly waiting to see what this new chapter will bring. ***BIG SMILE***

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

A Smile is Worth A Thousand Words

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !

I love you all !

MA

 

graphics provided by:

www.graphicgarden.com

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH i definitly think journals and emails count becuase there have been somedays that if it were family only to lift me up then I would be done for becuase there are days they are so busy and now that htye are older they are gone alot and all that I cuold not make it without another woman or my online friends to lift me up.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful verse, thank you for sharing. Yes, how the computer has changed our lives and only for the better.  I love reaching out to my friends on here and sharing in their lives and allowing them to share in mine.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

You have wonderful children. You can't help but notice how loving they are just reading your journal. Yes, we should spread the love around. It's the most important thing we can do. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

We all love you too Ma and would never put the chores before a friend. Thank you.
Hugs and love,
Sylvia xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sylviam4000/YeOldeEnglishPosy/

Anonymous said...

I loved the message from the card site. Your such a sweet person and I hope May is a good month.

Anonymous said...

You certainly "reach out" to me and I am so happy about that.  It's been a hard year.  And you have had a death in the family too but you keep on pluggin'.  I consider you one of life's BIG BLESSINGS.  
Wishing you an "onya".
LOL.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Thank you my friend!!
Linda :)