Thursday, May 4, 2006

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 4

Every day I live I see

How great the world God made for me.

The ever changing seas and skies,

The birds and all the butterflies.

The rainbow high above the trees,

Just to think, God gave me these.

He made the rows of yellow corn,

The sunrise on a winter morn,

Frosty windowpanes that glow

Reflecting light upon the snow.

Spider webs outlined in dew,

The dear Lord even made these, too.

The world is full of everything

Man needs to cause his heart to sing.

Every day I live I find

Beauty of a different kind,

For God, it's very plain to see,

Outdid Himself for you and me.

Author Unknown

Good Morning !

I hope you all are able to enjoy the Spring weather . I’ve been reminded to say THANK YOU Lord for the beautiful days. We’ve been blessed with quite a few beautiful, heaven scent days. It smells soooo good when you walk outdoors. The lilacs are blooming in our backyard. The lily of the valley are blooming on the side of the house and our tulips haven’t stopped blooming in the front. By the time they do, something else will start. I thought I was bending over tulips tops that had started to go to seed  yesterday , when my sister informed me they were flowers that hadn’t bloomed yet…OH DEAR I ruined quite a few. They are a new variety that she got last year, that we haven’t seen yet. I should leave the gardening to her, she knows much more than I.

The fushia plant that DS#6 got me for Mother’s Day last year survived the winter in the basement and I need to put it out on the front porch too!

Today it’s PAY THE BILLS DAY at work. I love spending other peoples money. I did get everything done yesterday and will probably get it all done today too…that means a realtivly quiet Friday. I like it when things are on schedule

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Smiles don’t take up shelf space.

I hope that your day is blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart!

MA

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow sounds like a really different tulip. I love your pics and yes its so nice to see flowers out now

Anonymous said...

You have quite a few things growing and blooming now too... isn't Spring wonderful.... another of Gods many miracles! Sandra

Anonymous said...

Spring is so beautiful. I wish my sinuses would cooperate.
Angela

Anonymous said...

Wow !! Not so long ago too many grey days and snow. Now so much sunshine and beautiful spring blooms. What a great time of the year to be alive. You have been refreshed and renewed inside and out with your new kitchen cupboards and paint and your beautiful flowers outside, caught up on your work at the office and soon a weekend off to enjoy. I don't know how it could get much better than that. Many reasons to be smiling for sure.

Anonymous said...

wonderful pictures, We have finally had some good weather here in IL.