Sunday, May 28, 2006

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 28

If you want to see your odd things for what they really are, "God things" -- blessings God has given you, challenges He allowed you to face to grow you closer to Him, prayers He has answered and the ones you might still be waiting on, then try writing them down -- try journaling.

With your written words you can praise and thank Him, you can cry out to him, and yes, even share your anger and confusion with Him.

He's your Father and He knows you will question His will as we all sometimes do but He longs to be intimate with you in every way!

When you take the time to write down your "God things" you will get to see His promises and His love and

His will for your life unfold right before your eyes in the pages of your journals.

God has given us a powerful way to begin to understand how awesome He really is in our everyday lives.

He has given us the gift of words, and when we choose to write them down, he uses those tangible words to open our eyes to just how big he really is.

We get a glimpse of the "I AM" who loves us unconditionally and who possesses a power we will never be able to grasp in our human flesh.

Journaling allows us to see the fingerprints of God all over our lives and the lives of the people he has so graciously given to us to love and to share in this journey.

The power will start with writing your "God things" down, but it will grow even stronger when you go back and re-read the pages and remember.

You will be amazed at how page after page of the evidence of God in your life will grow your faith! It's only as our faith grows that we can begin to bestow on our Father the honor and praise he so richly deserves.

It's only as our faith grows that we can start to understand that "It's not an Odd thing; it's a God thing!"

From Daily Heartlight

GOOD MORNING !

I got this in an e-mail the other day and of course I had to share it with all of you.

You all know I search the internet for things to post in my journal. Hopefully, they are uplifting and encouraging. Every day it seems, a new poem or story comes my way and I think it must be a ‘God’ thing.

I don’t write clever or inspiring messages myself, but look for them so I can pass them on. We all need a little inspiration at times and mine comes from a lot of good sources inspired, of course, by God.

I’m off to church this morning for my weekly dose of R&R and then I’ll be heading down to visit the campers !

It’s going to be a great day !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY !

If we treated everyone we meet with the same affection we bestow upon our favorite cat, they, too, would purr.

 Martin Buxbaum

I hope your day is blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely posting. Wish I could still go to church.  Have a great day and Happy Memorial Day tomorrow.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a nice worship service and then have fun at the campers.  Sounds like a good day to me.   We are off to church and then I'll be hitting the books - again!
Sonya

Anonymous said...

hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for the uplifting things in your journal. I know I love them.