Sunday, May 21, 2006

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 21

NO STRINGS ATTACHED

I've nothing else to offer,

So, to you, it's love I'll send,

It's nothing that I borrowed,

And it's nothing that I'd lend.

It has no dollar value,

And it can't be overused;

It isn't fragile,

so it can't break,

Though, often it's abused.

I've given it to others,

But each time it's unique,

Its meaning's always different;

It depends on what you seek.

It's something you can store away

To feel when you're in need,

But never is it on display;

Its beauty can't be seen.

I'm giving it "no strings attached,"

No costly warranty;

This love that I am sending

Has a lifetime guarantee.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I hope your are taking some time out to bless your soul today ! After a busy week I sure do need one day to do just that! I very often find that the almost one hour in church can do more good than anything else I could do. For as long as I can remember , Sunday has always been a special day. A day for worshipping and a day for enjoying family.

We always had a big Sunday dinner when I was growing up, and when my family was all at home I did the same thing. Now I cook once a week and enjoy it all week too! To me , leftovers are wonderful! If there are no leftover, it’s a bowl of cereal and bananas for dinner. Living alone has few advantages, but this is one of them, I can eat pretty much what I want and there are never many dishes to do.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.

Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your family pics and seeing two grandmas with thier girl. You prayed for me a pretty day for the anniversary party well keep praying so far the weather keeps changing for the better. small chance of rain and warm sunny skys so far. Thank you

Anonymous said...

such wonderful pictures to remember your nice day yesterday. It looks like everyone had a very nice day. thanks for sharing, Sandra

Anonymous said...

the pictures are just so cute. Happy you enjoyed going to the recital. Looks like everyone had a good time. My kids eat cereal and banana for dinner. LOL. THey like it. Not everyday but they do like cereal a lot.