Friday, May 26, 2006

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 26

Try to make at least one person happy every day.

… If you cannot do a kind deed, speak a kind word.

If you cannot speak a kind word, think a kind thought.

Count up, if you can, the treasure of happiness

that you would dispense in a week, in a year, in a lifetime!

Lawrence G. Lovasik

GOOD MORNING !

Today is the beginning of my nice long 4 day weekend. I’ll be spending today in the house trying to clear up some clutter around here and finish getting out the summer clothes and putting away all those things I won’t need again til next fall.

I talked to DS#6 last night and he has come down with a case of the shingles. I’ve known several people that have had them and they are miserable. It looks like he’ll be spending his weekend trying not to itch.

I’m almost done with the slate for DS#6’s campsite and hope to start some overdue and soon to be due wedding anniversary gifts. I already missed DS#4 and DS#3’s anniversary and DD and DS#6’s are coming up soon. I’m painting them all a sign board with a cute saying on it.

At least I know what I want to do…it’s just a matter of getting it all done. After the anniversary gifts are done I’ll be starting on Christmas. All my painting pictures are posted in my journal listed on sidebar – ma’s cupboard.

There will not be enough time to get it all done this weekend, but I have hopes of making a large dent in it.

The thunder boomers came through our neck of the woods last night and we have promises of more today ! I’ll be making my own sunshine for sure!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.

Albert Schweitzer

I hope your day is blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

Graphics today by:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we hada funnel cloud over our house yesterday. it was pretty bad here. cant wait to see pics of yoru girfts. . Make them a sign like ours it says salemen welcome dog food is expensive adn the other one says spoiled rotten dogs live here with foot prints and they are shaped the sign is like a bone

Anonymous said...

I had shingles a year or so ago and all I remember is the severe pain.... hope his is a mild case and goes away fast.

Anonymous said...

Son1's girlfriend found out the other day she has shingles too...
It's suppossed to be only in the 70's here this weekend, but I'm sure the 100's will be here before we know it...
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Will pray for your family member with shingles.
I wish you a wonderful holiday weekend.

Angela
PS.....Going to peek at your sidebar paintings. : )