Wednesday, May 17, 2006

CHAPTER 5, PAGE 17

You know a dream is like a river, ever changing as it flows.

And a dreamer's just a vessel that must follow where it goes.

Trying to learn from what's behind you

and never knowing what's in store makes each day a

constant battle just to stay between the shores.

And I will sail my vessel 'til the river runs dry.

Like a bird upon the wind, these waters are my sky.

I'll never reach my destination if I never try,

So I will sail my vessel 'til the river runs dry.

Too many times we stand aside and let the water slip away.

To what we put off 'til tomorrow has now become today.

So don't you sit upon the shore and say you're satisfied.

Choose to chance the rapids and dare to dance the tide

 Garth Brooks

Good morning !

After a lot of rain the sun did peep through yesterday for a brief time. What a difference it makes! More showers are predicted through the weekend, but we may get a few more periods of sunshine occasionally.

I feel a little soggy, so I’ll be glad to see it.

Today DS#3 and his family move into their new house.

I’ve only seen pictures of it so far and it will probably be a while before I’ll get to visit them. They are still in Ohio, but not close enough to me to be able to visit very often.

Mid-week and ‘Over the Hump’ day. It seems like we just had a Wednesday. Time is flying by.

Thought for Today:

The reason people blame things on previous generations? There's only one other choice!

I hope your day is filled with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !

Ma

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW more rain for us too but no sun!!!!!! no sun at all even predicted. Its really getting to us all seems like too and the flowers oh man the flowers and I need a pretty sunday for mom and dads 50th anniversary party too!!!!!!! its a cook out.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sick of rain, yesterday we did see the sun for a while. Now they are saying more rain.

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard when your kids move far. My son moved to NC and I live in NY. I miss seeing him and, of course, the whole family very much. Thank goodness for telephone calls.

Angela