Thursday, January 19, 2006

THANKFULLY THURSDAY !

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 19

Ideals

by: Helen Steiner Rice

Remember that ideals are like stars up in the sky,

You can never really reach them,

hanging in the heavens high ...

But like the mighty mariner who sailed the storm-tossed sea,

And used the stars to chart his course with skill and certainty,

You too can chart your course in life with high ideals and love,

For high ideals are like the stars that light the sky above ...

You cannot ever reach them, but lift your heart up high

And your life will be as shining as the stars up in the sky.

GOOD MORNING !

As I did a great deal of my growing up in the ‘50’s, I suppose I set my ideals by old fashioned standards. The great goal of my life was to be a good wife and a great mom. I didn’t want any other kind of career, but I took the standard business courses in high school, just so I would have some sort of skill. I worked in offices until just before I had my first child and then was able to not work outside of home until my oldest child was 13 and the youngest was 4. That’s right…7 children in 9 years.

***BIG SMILE***

What a trip that was…I loved those days. I still don’t consider what I do outside of home my career. It’s just a job , my real career is still at home. Oh well, I do have to get off to work this morning, but I’ll pursue my career later this evening. I have a cake to bake for Saturday’s birthday celebration for DS#6!

Have a great day – filled with lots of smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

Today’s thought –

Wear a smile and have friends, wear a scowl and have wrinkles.

George Eliott

 

Bee graphics provided by:

 

  www.graphicgarden.com    

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been very blessed to stay home with my girls and teach them at home. But yes your career is home. That which you go to each day is a JOB. I agree so much. I will be thankful when today is over with. My fur babies will be all done I hope with the vet. Bonez has his surgery today on his teeth and all the other dogs are well and healthy. SO its so good to not hear dogs coughing and hacking.

Anonymous said...

I think the best and most rewarding "job" is being home with our kids and raising them ourselves. Its refreshing to read about someone who still thinks of that as her "job" even though she's out in the work field and children are out from the house. What joys it must have been to raise all those children in a loving, happy household!

Enjoy today....

betty

Anonymous said...

I had 7 children in 8 years and no twins... we were really busy in the 50's and 60's weren't we?  Don't hear of that much these days. Of coarse I too stayed home with the children..... could have used some help some of the time but I loved it too. Some days more than others if I remember right. :)  Sandra