Monday, January 2, 2006

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 2

 

Good Morning !

New Year's Resolution

By Susan Young

Outside my window a new year I see,

And I can determine what kind of year it will be.

It can be busy and productive and funny,

Or boring, and cold ~~ but I'll make it sunny.

My own state of mind is a determining key

For I am the person that I choose to be.

I can be creative with my crafts on the shelf,

And think more of others than I do of myself.

I can enjoy what I do and make it fun

Rather than gripe and unload on someone.

I can be patient with others less driven

And encourage them to use their talents given.

 I'll have faith in myself, what I'll see, what I'll hear;

And I personally intend to make the best of this year!

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day

 Edith Lovejoy Pierce

I had to post this quote here, because this is the book of our lives, here on our journal pages. Oh, we don’t share every nook and cranny, but we do share our hopes and thoughts and the joys that life brings our way.

So yesterday I started the first Chapter of my book - January - and it looks like there will be, God willing, 31 pages in the 1st Chapter. There will be 11 chapters to follow – February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.

Today is a paid holiday from work – what a blessing ! We didn’t always get an extra day if the holiday fell on Sunday and it was always terrible trying to go back to work. Thankfully things have changed a little .

I work for and with men every day and their idea of a good day is one that is filled with working, so they are probably working today! I am also older than all of them, so I’m like a mom or grand’ma’ to them . I’m glad I had 6 sons, as that helped to prepare me for these guys. Men do think differently than women, in case you haven’t already discovered that for yourselves.

May your day be filled with smiles and sunshine !

MA

GRAPHICS BY:

 

  www.graphicscupboard.com  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you had great company with your ds and dd. Yes our year is an open book and wehave made some changes to this years book

Anonymous said...

Love your journal! The poems you chose to post today were awesome. Good reminder of how to start the year right. I like your attitude about the chapters of our lives too.

I'll be back.

Enjoy your day off. Here in Montana where I live the kids went back to school today and I'm back to work. Don't mind it too much as I took last week off and the nature of my work if I don't work, I don't get paid (self-employed). So I need to pay for our trip to San Diego. The Lord is good and will provide.

Happy New Year!

betty

Anonymous said...

Men not only think differently! We can think of five things at once and they can only think of one thing at a time. And, when you ask them what they are thinking about, when they have a blank stare on their face, and they say "nothing," they mean it. LOL!

Angela

PS......Good luck on the book. : )